DVDVR Message Board

Hell In The Cell

So despite the lack of a WWE Title match, this card still has a lot of potential. 8 matches, including two HITC matches and 2/3 falls match, suggests that other matches may go short as a result - but that may actually play better. The only issue might be a lack of intrigue regarding results

The betting has Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler, Sheamus, A.J., Rusev, Nikki and the Dust Bros. going over.

I think the tag titles might revert to the Usos because I'm not entirely sure there's anyone else for Gold & Stardust to feud with.

Although I don't really believe they'll do it, Lesnar vs Orton could be a really fun match and it's only Survivor Series so plenty of time to build to Cena vs Lesnar again.

The Authority could screw Ambrose, setting up another big brawl at TLC - though I think they can have that match anyway as Ambrose will never be done with Rollins so a decisive babyface victory doesn't end the feud.

I'd be very surprised to see any other upsets. Miz has been winning too much, Ziggler is too over, Paige is going to Total Divas-land, Rusev has an undefeated streak (plus Henry will likely turn), Brie has to be the bitch to further the storyline.

So what do people think?

I could see Ambrose/Rollins going either way. I actually wouldn't mind it if Dean gets transitioned into a feud with Bray or Harper soon after this. I can't think of any other heels that would get him away from Rollins for a while. Seth has feuds with both Cena and Orton lined up so they may not want him eating a clean loss here.

Depending on which match closes I think that will be the one with a big angle. We might get Brock in Cena/Orton, or a Bray return during Rollins/Ambrose.

The only other thing I care about is Cesaro/Ziggler, but I'm not getting my hopes up as we'll probably get a rushed 10-12 minute match.

I couldn't care less about the tag teams in WWE right now. The Usos are the very definition of stale WWE mid carders on a treadmill. I hate the Ascension, but I actually wouldn't mind if they showed up and beat the shit out of the tag division just for a change.

For as big a fan as I am of NXT's women's division it's pretty damn sad the bookers on the main roster can't make me even remotely interested in Paige/AJ.

What other options are there Kane? Cesaro? Miz? lol

I really don't know where you go after a hitc match.

I don't buy Bray being damaged goods the fans are popping huge for the vignettes, and I don't even think they have to do anything to rebuild him.

For as big a fan as I am of NXT's women's division it's pretty damn sad the bookers on the main roster can't make me even remotely interested in Paige/AJ.

They don't have any chemistry and AJ is constantly no selling everything and oozes "I don't want to fucking be here" vibes like her husband his final year or so. It will be interesting to see if this gets the death spot on the card.

On paper, could be a fun show.

I think the sleeper match will be the Bellas match. Oddly enough, despite the segments and such,when they have had physical contact, the Bellas have popped the crowd. And they are the one singles match on the card they haven't done on Raw since the feud started.  Tho, I want Brie to win because Bryan just started a garden and its been a while since they did a Garvin/Von Erich angle.. You know the one ;) But a month might be too long, so Bryan just throws Nikki out. Literally.

Ziggles doesn't have the offense to make me interested in a 10 minute match, so I hope that 2/3 falls match isn't long for the sake of being long. I still don't see what Cesaro does that makes him so damn special. Maybe people love him here because he is a straight forward wrestler like Dean Malenko was, but with a grumpier grumpy face. I don't know how people can say they didn't try with him and Heyman but him pairing Ziggles and Flair makes for a better pairing.

When Brock came back, Orton was still a babyface on top of Smackdown. Honestly, it was the only Brock match had interest in seeing. Orton may be a boring ass seller, but he still has a violent energy about him if it calls for it. And I've always thought that would be a good match up with Brock. But the Cena matches have had people taking each time they have happened, so idk.

I also don't see the big hub hub about Bray being buried. Honestly, more characters would benefit from NOT being on TV than trading wins every week with the same couple of people. As good as some of the things Sheamus does (probably the best at milking at 10 count and forcing a guy to step up or get said guy will get his ass kicked), if he left from now til the Rumble, no one would notice. But if he came back with a new character, it would have people taking. If a guy has the tools to get over and stay over, he should be about to overcome questionable booking.

Only 3 matches on this show I'm looking forward to (Ambrose/Rollins, Ziggler/Cesaro and Usos/Rhodes Bros.).

While I'm sure Cena vs Orton will be a good match, I compare watching the two of them to how I feel about plain vanilla ice cream. I know it'll be good, I know I'll probably be satisfied with it, but it does absolutely zero to interest me anymore because I've had it so many times before.

It's a PPV, maybe we'll get French vanilla! Seriously, it looks like a pretty good show top to bottom, there are no loathsome comedy matches to kill momentum, so at least on paper it looks to be potentially very good.

It would be horrible if Ambrose doesn't win clean with no gimmicks afterwards. Just let him have *a moment* please. At least save his next feud for Raw the next night. Unlike a lot of recent MITB winners, Rollins has actually been protected, so eating a clean loss here doesn't hurt him anywhere near as much as not getting a clean win would hurt Ambrose.

Is Orton good to go for HIAC? Rumor was he got banged up in the match on Raw, but didn't hear any follow-up on the severity.

Probably doesn't mean that much, but there seems to have been some kind of move on The Miz, who has gone from a 6/1 outsider to 4/6 favourite. I'm thinking there must be rumblings of Sheamus moving towards the heel turn, but I'd still be really surprised to see Miz not get the Brogue here.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ziggler/Cesaro 2/3 falls will be the best match because the crowd will be into Ziggler, so Cesaro's nearfalls will get some good reactions, and because Ziggler might kill himself bouncing around for Cesaro's power moves and European uppercuts. 

I just hope they don't rush through the first two falls to get to the third like often happens in WWE-style matches of this type and that the first two falls set up a progression that leads to a logical finish in the third fall, like your typical 2/3 falls match from Portland. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ziggler/Cesaro 2/3 falls will be the best match because the crowd will be into Ziggler, so Cesaro's nearfalls will get some good reactions, and because Ziggler might kill himself bouncing around for Cesaro's power moves and European uppercuts.

Dolph lost to a European Uppercut on Monday so you can bet that'll be a near-fall in this match.

If you were laying out the order of matches do you go 2/3 falls, Twins, HIC1, Diva Champ, HIC2?

I was gonna say what my line up would be, but goddamn there is a lot of matches booked:

* Hell in a Cell #1 Contender’s Match: John Cena vs. Randy Orton

* Hell in a Cell Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

* WWE United States Title Match: Sheamus vs. The Miz

* Best of Three Falls Intercontinental Title Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Cesaro

* WWE Divas Title Match: AJ Lee vs. Paige

* WWE Tag Team Title Match: Goldust & Stardust vs. The Usos

* The Loser Becomes The Winner’s Assistant For 30 Days: Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella

* Big Show vs. Rusev

Whatever they do, plz start with the Usos match. Stardust is known for killing a great crowd, but the Usos' have overpowered that and are always the best way to open a show for the last year or so.

I'd probably open with 2/3 falls match. That way they can avoid having it cut to 10 minutes if it goes on late, and they're running behind. I'm guessing Cena/Orton closes with a big angle or perhaps a cluster fuck. If Ambrose/Rollins closes that would lead me to believe we won't be getting a clean finish.