DVDVR Message Board

Name that old game

Rev Ray

I'm trying to remember a PC game I think from the early to mid 90's.

It was a space battle game, you had two alliances that you could do team battles, I think it was 5 on 5 or some strategy missions where you could jump between planets and collect resources to build up fleets.  Most ships had two attacks.  The battles usually had a planet or moon on the screen you could use to gravity slingshot off of.  If you hit it you took damage.

I know one side had:

- Boss ship that I think was a crystaline species.  They had a big heavy slow missile that would launch, if you held down the button the weapon stayed solid but you could release it and it would explode it shrapnel that would do minor damage

- A small squirrel like alien flying a small, fast maneuverable ship with few hit points that had a suicide attack where you could detenate the ship to do big damage.

- A space siren allen flying a old timey like rocket that could call crew members away from opponents ships to fill up yours.

- A converting ship:  one was a slow but maneuverable ship with a short ranged beam weapon that could convert into a fast wings back ship with a lot of speed but poor maneuverable that had long range low damage rockets

otherside had:

- Boss ship that looked kind of like the battlestars from Gallactica that could launch small fighters and fire a big red laser (think this one was a space squid)

- Klingon style bird of prey that could cloak and had a short range flame thrower