DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-20-14

MGFanJay

The Royals were tonight's most over face. Post show, Cena said he hopes the Royals sweep the Giants. Given San Francisco's adoption of the YES chant, I'm not sure I like where this is going. 

LOLROYALSWIN

but if we ever get a DBryan return, i'm sure Cena could try to apply a Chickenwing or such to "his injured elbow", and follow it up with Cena being totally oblivious as to why targeting Daniel Bryan's injury got him booed. "Look, some of you chant 'Cena Sucks', and you're mad at me for how I acted?"

This show dragged and dragged as the night went on. I was amused at them making a little mini thing out of who was the "real" main event and Triple H was "guy's its a double main event...duh". So with Orton and Cena we might get Brock vs. Cena IV or Brock vs. Orton. I can't say either one of those matches sounds like they are worth a damn. It's like just do a tournament with someone who hasn't won the title. There's plenty of compelling matches and stories that could be made just by using the Rocky template of the underdog getting a shot at the champion.

The one part I absolutely loved was Mizdow getting the win and The Miz jumping for joy "I WON...I WON". Then him and Mizdow on the ramp both going "I WON...I WON" just was tremendous.

AJ being the lone diva out in the Total Diva's thing is quite amusing. It's a shame AJ/Paige won't be in the HIAC. That might have been fun to watch. Still holding out hope for a ladder match at TLC with them.

I was concerned that it was almost 90 minutes into the show and there was no Ambrose (or maybe there was before I missed it. I was watching Fast & Loud and American Dad as well). Dean at the movies needs to be a thing for the network. Him with his own MST3K show just watching stuff would be great. There's so many old dumb movies he could watch and I'm sure with the WWE's deal with NBC they could get some old movies of the week at a discounted price to show. I can't wait to see how he promotes his version of Assualt on precinct 13 when that comes out.

Foley showing up was nice. Despite his brain being scrambled, he can still cut an amazing promo. It's a shame he isn't a manager. So many guys could benefit from having him be their mouth piece.

I'll watch the rest later on the DVR since I found driving at Le Mans on my Forza 4 video game more interesting during the last hour.

I just want to know where the hell was Firebreaker Chip or Ranger Ross when that solider was getting kicked in the face by  Russev.

Things have been tough since the government cut funding for WCW Special Forces.

Mick-Foley-Raw-102014-645x370.jpg

This Ambrose pic is so awesome. He's all like, "Heheheheh look at this crazy hobo I ran into while I was out in the parking lot looking for nitrous balloon dealers...he told me if I get in any trouble in the Cell he'll run out with the boltcutters...then he said something about hitting Paul Orndorff with his boot..."

• Like 1

Sandow winning was the best.  The Miz taking credit for his stunt double winning, even more so.

I fell asleep when HHH and the Authority came on.  I don't get why he feels the need to put himself over.  Less is more.  Same goes for Steph.

Fell asleep again for AJ, Foley, and Heyman segments.

Cesaro is good but he needs a mouthpiece.  Without an effective promo his character does nothing for me.

The tag match was good.  I enjoyed it although it seemed forced at times.  Rollins knocking out Orton felt like they were setting up post-HIAC early which is cool by me.

Cesaro is good but he needs a mouthpiece.  Without an effective promo his character does nothing for me.

He had Paul FUCKING Heyman for 6 months.  If anything, it hurt him badly.  Cesaro is a guy who gets over on mauling guys with his forearms, throwing guys around in a way no other human should, and spinning them until their heads pop.  

I personally cannot wait to see him and Lesnar tie up. Someone may die. 

• Like 1

He had Paul FUCKING Heyman for 6 months.  If anything, it hurt him badly.  Cesaro is a guy who gets over on mauling guys with his forearms, throwing guys around in a way no other human should, and spinning them until their heads pop.  

I personally cannot wait to see him and Lesnar tie up. Someone may die. 

I know but he either needs a mouthpiece or be put over Goldberg style as this machine.

The role they have him in now gets very little heat and he will never move up the card to meet someone like Lesnar.  They will just cycle him around the mid-card with other guys that work stiff.  

Did not see the show.  Did they explain why Orton-Cena is for a "championship opportunity", or is this just WWE logic?  

More like a reason for us to care about the match but it looks like they are teasing a couple of different directions with Orton.  Does he go for Lesnar or Rollins after HIAC?