DVDVR Message Board

MISC MUSIC VIDEOS

DEAN

I don't care that I'm flooding this thread, I've been waiting for a general video dump for fucking years, because my options were "find pop songs," "find metal songs," or "never forget a tuesday."

NOW. Here's Pere Ubu roaring awake from slumber to destroy cute young radio-friendly rock bands and helpless nostalgia acts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While this is still dreadfully a world where no new music from Women will ever truly exist (RIP Chris Reimer) there is Viet Cong, the major band that rose from the ashes. Same rhythm section from Women, but with new guitarists alongside them and the bassist has taken up lead vocals. They're starting to put out singles and music videos and stuff.

Here's Continental Shelf (NSFW)

and here's a live cut of the ending of their new record, Death.

basically: if you think shoegaze and post punk should have David Bowie vocals, here's your new favorite band

• 2 weeks later...

So, when Pete linked Ice Killer's theme in another thread, Jan Hammer's Miami Vice theme was one of the rabbit hole videos that came up with it.  Yes, they did a Jan Hammer video for MTV for the Miami Vice theme and it is fucking crazy.  Watching this, Jan Hammer is put into the video in a few scenes as the guy Crocket and Tubbs are after.  This video is like something you'd see on Silicon Valley.  Jan Hammer looks like a crazy internet billionaire who looks like he's a fan of Miami Vice and decided he was going to shoot this video of himself rocking out on his keyboards, guitar and keytar and then spliced himself into footage of the show, including him either renting or using his own helicopter for the escape scene to impress his friends on facebook.

• 4 months later...