DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD SERIES - San Fran vs Kansas City(?!)

Dolfan in NYC

anyways, the Giants feasted on some overrated bullpens in the NLDS/NLCS.

So for the World Series, SF gets these guys..

7th inning - Kelvin Herrera: 78 1/3 IP (reg/postseason), 1.06 WHIP/1.26 ERA, 0 HRs allowed, 65 Ks/27 BB

8th inning - Wade Davis: 81 1/3 IP, 0.84 WHIP/1.00 ERA, 0 HRs allowed, 119 Ks/25 BB

9th inning - Greg Holland: 70 1/3 IP, 0.92 WHIP/1.41 ERA, 3 HRs allowed, 100 Ks/25 BB

Slightly different relief experience than facing Aaron Barrett's 1.30 WHIP, or Trevor Rosenthal's 1.41 WHIP (holy shit, how did he get 45 saves?), or Marco Gonzales' 1.53 WHIP, or a struggling Pat Neshek (Neshek managed to go from "best reliever in STL's pen" to "home run machine" pretty quick)...

So the Giants went ahead 5 times in 9 games in the 7th or later. (The other 4 include a loss to Fister, NLCS Game 1/NLDS Game 1, and a game where the Giants went ahead in the 6th after Matt Adams malfunctioned). I suspect their best plan might involve either beating starting pitchers, or hoping they always go ahead before Herrera comes into the game.

Then again, the KC model of winning involved the other team eventually putting in a relief pitcher who gives up an extra innings home run. So if that holds up for KC, Hunter Strickland or Sergio Romo will wind up losing multiple games by giving up homers to lefty bats.

One thing is for sure, the Giants/Royals series will be sponsored by bloop hits

Trevor Rosenthal's 1.41 WHIP (holy shit, how did he get 45 saves?), or Marco Gonzales' 1.53 WHIP, or a

Well for one thing because he has 60 chances.  Refer any other questions to the blank, Super Dave Osbourne look of dumb paralyzed persistence below:

mike_matheny_cardinals.jpg   =     superdave.jpg

• Like 1

Trevor Rosenthal's 1.41 WHIP (holy shit, how did he get 45 saves?), or Marco Gonzales' 1.53 WHIP, or a

Well for one thing because he has 60 chances.  Refer any other questions to the blank, Super Dave Osbourne look of dumb paralyzed persistence below:

mike_matheny_cardinals.jpg   =     superdave.jpg

And since

superdave.jpg= john_laurinaitis_bio.png

than by the transitive property, Mike Matheny is all about PEOPLE POWER!

• Like 3

You're asking him them to try and get him to put on more clothes? 

You know how hard it is to get him into that one black dress shirt, right?  HHH has to hold him down while Steph sings to him and Kane puts in on him one arm and then runs around to the other arm and even then they have to buy him a new Gameboy game.

• Like 2

So far, so good.

Posey actually had a really poor at-bat in the 4th, swinging at the first pitch and popping it up when the pitcher had already walked two batters (including one for a run) and thus leaving the bases loaded.  Could/should otherwise be even more than 5-0.

Here's hoping that doesn't become relevant...

Whoa. You guys are still into, like, baseball?

That's cool, I guess.  It just seems, I don't know.  Like, Baseball was cool for awhile and everything.  But I kind of thought most people were sort of over it.  Like it just seems so "October 10th" you know?

Like  back when everyone was all "Hey, Kim Jung Un is missing!" and "Wow, there's just that one guy in America with Ebola!"  Remember that?  Yeah and people were all, like "Baseball, baseball, that dude with a knife in the white house...hey, remember when we all camped out to get Windows 10?" 

Man, those were the days.  But it's time to move on.  It's Hawaiian Xtreme sports season!

Why do sports networks insist on covering big events by having a desk wheeled out onto the field?  The MLB network guys look like they're on a stupid rehearsal riser for a local choir.  It's so obvious some guys had to wheel that thing out and put that idiotic Star Trek desk on there so they could all sit there like they would if they were in the damn studio anyway.

I don't know why this is bugging me.  Maybe because the MLB one is so small and goofy looking.  Like they're waiting to be towed around town in a parade.

• Like 1