DVDVR Message Board

OSCARS 2015

RIPPA

I thought Still Alice was not actually on release yet? I know it's not out in the UK, but I think (in the States) it was one of those where they showed it in one cinema for a week to get it eligible for the awards, so they could then release it with nominations on the poster... but then delayed it until after the awards for some reason. Apparently it's really good. But she was due a lifetime achievement Best Actress award sooner or later. They had to 'Scent of a Woman' her at some point, no?

If there was an award for casting directors, for best overall cast assembly, the Hunger Games would have won. But there's not one (there should be).

Boxofficemojo.com says Still Alice's limited release was January 16th, wide release was February 20th.  (But yeah, I think it would've had to be released somewhere last year to qualify for the Oscars, so AxB may be right about the "1 theatre right at the end of 2014" thing.)  It was in 12 theatres its first week, that number increased every week, and this past week (since February 20th) it was in 765 theatres.

I watched it the weekend before last.  There were other people in the theatre too.