DVDVR Message Board

OSCARS 2015

RIPPA

Keaton is going to call Bill Murray tonight and be like "Is Wes Anderson making a movie?"  and Murray will be like "Shit, man, you don't think that's gonna work do you?  I'm like six deep on those and I got jack shit."

"Well, I'm FRESH OUT OF MEXICANS!!!"

"Fucking Brits man.  Fucking Brits."

• Like 1

Juliann Moor is 54.  That is insane.  I still don't think that's an actual movie.  I'm 75% certain they just filmed that one clip we keep seeing whenever she wins an award.

Also didn't Michael Haneke already make that movie just with older people?

The difference is that in Haneke's movie the husband and the wife love each other very much, while in Moore's movie the husband is Alec Baldwin.

This was a weirdly uninspiring year.  Normally when I watch the Oscars I get all creatively envious for a few days and I'm all like "Gonna go start writin' that screeeeeplay Grabblblelagooobble!!!!"

But this time, nothing.  I'm gonna go grab the paper and check up on the Wizard of Id.  That guy has to get his at some point, right?

Common and John Legend have a lot of people on social media wanting to jump out of windows so that was cool.  Lady Gaga was always talented but she really needed to change some things, evolve.. because her popularity has fallen off a cliff over the last couple years. She's still super popular but she doesn't have the teen crowd nearly as much as she did.

This was a solid year for movies I just think they snubbed a lot of well deserving actors/actresses and the star power wasn't there as much as you'd expect. Terribly long show too.

I thought NPH did fine, but the show suffered from not enough funny moments.  I actually liked Harris' jokes and puns, but it was like serious moment to serious moment, pun, then serious moment.  There was no Ben Stiller as Avatar, or Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly singing.  They should have bumped the Lego song to about the halfway moment to get the energy back up.

Next year Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu should host.

I would have liked to have seen Pike win. Her performance was essentially "modern day Hitchcock blonde goes beserk." I'm sure Moore is excellent in her movie, although it's interesting to wonder how many people have actually seen it. Or will.

And how badly is Patricia Arquette hoping CSI Cyber gets cancelled so she can use her Oscar bounce to do some big movies?

Lady Gaga was always talented but she really needed to change some things, evolve.. because her popularity has fallen off a cliff over the last couple years. She's still super popular but she doesn't have the teen crowd nearly as much as she did.

It's hard to have the teen crowd when she's releasing a duet album with a guy their grandparents, if not great grandparents, listened to. I loved Tony Bennett as a teenager, along with Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc (still do), but I'm an old soul and pretty weird.