DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/17/14

victor

Sounds okay, average but okay.

* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown and gets major heat. Fans chant "you sold out" and Rollins mocks them, telling them to keep the heat coming. Rollins says the fans would sell out as well. Rollins talks about Dean Ambrose and says he doesn't belong inside Hell In a Cell, he belongs in a straight-jacket. Dolph Ziggler comes out and says the fans want to see him, not Rollins. Ziggler drops the mic and dropkicks Rollins to a big pop. That match starts right away. 

* Seth Rollins defeated Dolph Ziggler with a Curb Stomp in a non-title match. Dean Ambrose came out to a big pop after the match. Ambrose talks about what he's going to do to Rollins at Hell In a Cell but is interrupted by Kane's music. Kane puts himself in the main event against Ambrose for later tonight. 

* Layla vs. AJ Lee is up next. Paige and Alicia Fox watch from ringside. AJ gets the win with a Black Widow. After the match, Alicia rushes the ring but AJ counters her. Paige comes in the ring and lays AJ out with her finisher. 

* Backstage segment with Sheamus and The Usos. 

* A Wyatt Family vignette airs. 

* Sheamus and The Usos vs. Stardust, Goldust and The Miz is next. Sheamus gets the win for his team after a Brogue Kick to Goldust. 

* Big Show comes out to a big pop. Show talks about how he's going to destroy Rusev at Hell In a Cell. He asks Mark Henry to come to the ring. Show asks Henry to stay out of the match at Hell In a Cell and Henry says he will. They were interrupted by Rusev and Lana, who cut a promo about Hell In a Cell. 

* Nikki Bella defeated Naomi with her finisher. 

* Renee Young interviews Dean Ambrose backstage. 

* Dean Ambrose vs. Kane is next in the main event. Seth Rollins is at ringside. Ambrose won by DQ when Rollins pulled the rope back. After the match, they attacked Ambrose. Kane powerbombed him and Rollins went for a Curb Stomp but Ambrose ended up hitting Kane with the chair while Rollins ran away to the stage.

So Ziggler wrestled Orton on Raw, and then Rollins on Smackdown. They're doing six-mans with Cena/Ziggler/Ambrose vs Orton/Rollins/Kane soon, aren't they?

Paige laid AJ out with her finisher?  HER FINISHER IS A FUCKING SUBMISSION HOLD~!

There needs to be more hate filled promos from Ambrose and shit talking from Rollins.   There is a fucking cage match with epic potential on the horizon that needs to be sold like it will take place on Doomsday with the archangel Gabriel as the Special Guest Enforcer Referee..

Ambrose needs to go batshit insane Postively Kanyon and just lay out random dudes with the Headlock Driver and scream :"ROLLINS~!   SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO~? YOU ARE FUCKING NEXT~!" into the camera held by the strategically placed video guy.

Paige laid AJ out with her finisher? HER FINISHER IS A FUCKING SUBMISSION HOLD~!

There needs to be more hate filled promos from Ambrose and shit talking from Rollins. There is a fucking cage match with epic potential on the horizon that needs to be sold like it will take place on Doomsday with the archangel Gabriel as the Special Guest Enforcer Referee..

Ambrose needs to go batshit insane Postively Kanyon and just lay out random dudes with the Headlock Driver and scream :"ROLLINS~! SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO~? YOU ARE FUCKING NEXT~!" into the camera held by the strategically placed video guy.

You're way behind on finishers...

Paige is now using a Cradle DDT. And Dean Ambrose has dropped the Headlock Driver, he's using a Double-Arm DDT now.

I don't expect Ziggler never to lose, and I think the Orton match slightly helped him if anything - but jobbing him out twice in a week is OTT.

I wish they hadn't just switched the Dirty Deeds name to his new finish, it's a dumb name. Dirty Deeds would be a good name for the Shelley/Rayne skullfucker or something, but not for a single move that isn't dirty. Just call it the Unstabler or Dean's Death Trap or something.

Paige laid AJ out with her finisher? HER FINISHER IS A FUCKING SUBMISSION HOLD~!

There needs to be more hate filled promos from Ambrose and shit talking from Rollins. There is a fucking cage match with epic potential on the horizon that needs to be sold like it will take place on Doomsday with the archangel Gabriel as the Special Guest Enforcer Referee..

Ambrose needs to go batshit insane Postively Kanyon and just lay out random dudes with the Headlock Driver and scream :"ROLLINS~! SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO~? YOU ARE FUCKING NEXT~!" into the camera held by the strategically placed video guy.

Paige is now using a Cradle DDT. And Dean Ambrose has dropped the Headlock Driver, he's using a Double-Arm DDT now.

So it is ECW all over again where every worker is using some variation of a DDT or a piledriver.

Current Kane is fast becoming one of my least favorite wrestlers ever. Just imagine if in 1997 Austin main evented every show with Brian Adams, or one of the Harris twins. Good god just put Cesaro or Sheamus in Kane's spot already.

• Like 2

So it is ECW all over again where every worker is using some variation of a DDT or a piledriver.

Yes, it's ECW because Ambrose switched from a reverse DDT to a double-arm DDT.

• Like 2

Paige was having trouble making the Paige Turner look good with everyone, and similar story for Dean.

Random question - do people think HHH will ever pass on the Pedigree?

Paige was having trouble making the Paige Turner look good with everyone, and similar story for Dean.

Random question - do people think HHH will ever pass on the Pedigree?

Maybe whenever one of his daughters start wrestling.

• Like 1

Stephanie did it to both Bellas. I am intrigue by how many moves will be in the Nikki vs Noami match. Naomi had a 2 min match with Alicia a few ago and there was at least 29 moves, including a big flip over the top rope for some reason. Nikki can get movezy too.

And good for the creative team for doing something with someone that isn't trading wins with the guy he jobbed to the week before (Ziggles).

I miss Wade Barrett. :( there aren't many people so happy to punch someone in the face. Many that's why the Coropate Kane thing ain't working for me. Kane looks like he is just there because he has to be.

Current Kane is fast becoming one of my least favorite wrestlers ever. Just imagine if in 1997 Austin main evented every show with Brian Adams, or one of the Harris twins. Good god just put Cesaro or Sheamus in Kane's spot already.

I looked into it a little more closely and found out that Kane was actually laid off five years ago, but through some kind of glitch in accounting, he still gets a paycheck.

• Like 2

I looked into it a little more closely and found out that Kane was actually laid off five years ago, but through some kind of glitch in accounting, he still gets a paycheck.

Kane has threatened to burn down the building before. I wonder if he can see two squirrels who are married when he looks out the window nearest to his cubicle.

I don't expect Ziggler never to lose, and I think the Orton match slightly helped him if anything - but jobbing him out twice in a week is OTT.

I wish they hadn't just switched the Dirty Deeds name to his new finish, it's a dumb name. Dirty Deeds would be a good name for the Shelley/Rayne skullfucker or something, but not for a single move that isn't dirty. Just call it the Unstabler or Dean's Death Trap or something.

I love the name "Dirty Deeds" but that's because I'm a big Joat Jett fan.

When Batista came back, for like three straight weeks, he'd come out to open SmackDown and Ziggler would interrupt him and talk about how the people were sick of Batista boring them and they wanted to see Ziggler because he "sports entertains" so much better.  Then Batista would beat Ziggler clean.  Every time.

They just plugged Rollins into Batista's place.

Ziggler's the worst babyface.  And he figure four leglocks about as bad as Miz.  Is that a Cleveland thing?  Have Cleveland schools failed the children?  Maybe some figure four awareness is needed.

I've always hate how Ziggles has no natural personality or charisma, so he has to bust out taunts randomly like in No Mercy and your health bar went from light blue to green. Ain't nobody buying into that shit.

Well, people are stupid. Idk.

• Like 2

I wish piledrivers would come back.

The fact that Cole never ate one from Lawler was a disgrace.

I think Lawler did piledrive Cole after a WWE show in Memphis in the dark match. Why the Wrestlemania match wasn't Lawler just piledriving him like five times is a mystery that may never be solved.

• Like 1