DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

At least Peyton doesn't have such a massive ego that he planned ahead of time the celebration he and his WRs would do if he broke the record.

Oh, wait, he did.

Huge record and all that but, sorry, that kinda makes you a douche, Peyton.  

Just watching his commercials would tell you that. . . :)

• Like 1

Wasn't a good weekend for Linebacks and their pecs

Both Brian Orakpo and Paul Posluszny are done for the year with torn pecs

Serves Poz right for ending my suicide pool.

CJ Spiller is also done for the year with a broken collarbone. 

Jay Gruden basically said that they will see if RG3 is healthy on Wed

If he can't go - Colt McCoy will

Gruden made this official today at his press conference

If RG3 is 100% healthy - he plays.

Otherwise - Colt McCoy

Poor Kirk Cousins. Never has a flame burned so bright been extinguished so fast.

I feel like they'll upset the Cowboys cementing Colt as the toast of Washington then RGIII will return and next time we see him he'll be sitting on the turf rocking back and forth with a flannel shirt wrapped around his waist muttering, "What about me? What about Kirk Cousins?"

If the game was Sunday - they definitely would beat the Cowboys. Because my weekend can't be happy.

But it is MNF and I don't think the Skins can overcome their prime time game record

Poor Kirk Cousins. Never has a flame burned so bright been extinguished so fast.

I feel like they'll upset the Cowboys cementing Colt as the toast of Washington then RGIII will return and next time we see him he'll be sitting on the turf rocking back and forth with a flannel shirt wrapped around his waist muttering, "What about me? What about Kirk Cousins?"

If he periodically comes out to DDT McCoy, I'm perfectly fine with this. 

• Like 3

I just finished reading Colt Mccoy's autobiography a month ago or so.  He's such an interesting mix of likable and douchey.  Really humble, yet with an ego the size of a continent.  Preachy and not always in a good way, yet does a ton of stuff in service to others.  Great college career, etc.  In a lot of ways, he's the guy that people think Tim Tebow is - positively and negatively.

I turned on ESPN for three seconds and magically it was when someone was actually saying something that didn't make me groan. Wilbon was going off about how people are acting like you can compare passing records from this era to previous eras. It's such a different sport now and I'll add that if you asked a hundred football fans at the beginning of the year what the actual record was they wouldn't have a clue. Most football records are whatever.

I turned on ESPN for three seconds and magically it was when someone was actually saying something that didn't make me groan. Wilbon was going off about how people are acting like you can compare passing records from this era to previous eras. It's such a different sport now and I'll add that if you asked a hundred football fans at the beginning of the year what the actual record was they wouldn't have a clue. Most football records are whatever.

Yeah, the actual numbers mean nothing in football.  I mean, most fans can tell you Emmitt is the all-time leading rusher but his actual total?  Who knows?  Ditto for Rice and his records.  But baseball fans all know what 755*, 4256, .367, 511, 73*, 191 and so on mean.

• Like 1

Yeah, the actual numbers mean nothing in football.  I mean, most fans can tell you Emmitt is the all-time leading rusher but his actual total?  Who knows?  Ditto for Rice and his records.  But baseball fans all know what 755*, 4256, .367, 511, 73*, 191 and so on mean.

Career Homers, Iron man, Bat Avg, ???, Homers in a year, Strike Outs?

Home Runs (Bonds) although the 755 was Hank Aaron's total, Hits I think (Pete Rose), Batting average (Cobb), Wins (I think this was Cy Young), Home runs in a season (Bonds again) and RBIs (Hack Wilson) though for years the total was 190. They later changed it though I forget why now. There was a mistake somewhere.

Kurtie's post reminds me of how I wish the NFL would make the Adams family relinquish the Oilers brand/logo so the Houston team could use it again.

If the people out there still miss it/want it (which I don't actually know, though I assume they do given how people in other cities have felt)

EDIT:  I mean, I have no attachment to the Oilers and even I miss that uniform/logo

Kurtie's post reminds me of how I wish the NFL would make the Adams family relinquish the Oilers brand/logo so the Houston team could use it again.

If the people out there still miss it/want it (which I don't actually know, though I assume they do given how people in other cities have felt)

EDIT:  I mean, I have no attachment to the Oilers and even I miss that uniform/logo

I'm mostly opposed to this.  I hate how the NFL acts like the Baltimore Ravens were an expansion franchise in the mid-90's, and that Jim Brown et al played for the same franchise that is in Cleveland now. 

762, no asterisk.

I only regret that the coding of this board will only allow me to give this post one like.

Oh man, did you see the post Deadspin had about Bonds for his 50th birthday?  The numbers are still just staggering.