DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

I don't know anything about the Rams these days other than me being creepy about Jeff Fisher, but I did watch most of that game last night after the Rams started to not look good. I don't know who that QB was, but I felt he threw some pretty good passes. A lot of theme, the receivers just didn't want to catch something. Made me wonder what he would be able to do with a WR that wants to win...

But what an ugly defense the Rams have. They didn't want to win either.

Well they are all out in week 6.  So by your logic the NFL should probably only play a 4 game schedule.  

The point is that the NFL is already brutal on careers/bodies. (and that isn't even factoring in guys having to play games on 3 days rest thanks to Thursday football)

They don't need to add two more games to it.

So by your logic - guys are going to get crippled no matter so more games please!

well there is the idea that even if they go to 18 games players will only be able to play 16...which makes me laugh when you look at how talking head react when guys in the NBA,MLB, or NHL sit a game to rest and the talking heads act like those guys hate the fans.

But also in truth I think 18 games happens right around the same time a team shows up in London.

And that's not mention how that "only play 16 games" would yet again fuck over fans

"Oh I am sorry you paid to see Peyton Manning - this is one of the two weeks he isn't playing"

And that's not mention how that "only play 16 games" would yet again fuck over fans

"Oh I am sorry you paid to see Peyton Manning - this is one of the two weeks he isn't playing"

The Angel of Stern shall live again!

Awful Announcing @awfulannouncing
Looks like Fox has dumped Mike Goldberg from their NFL coverage for this coming weekend. http://bit.ly/1D9Erj5

Guess this is the sort of thing that happens when you tell your potential viewers to fuck off on Twitter.

Of course, they're replacing him with Tim Brando, so I'm not sure if that makes things better or worse.

Awful Announcing @awfulannouncing

Looks like Fox has dumped Mike Goldberg from their NFL coverage for this coming weekend. http://bit.ly/1D9Erj5

Guess this is the sort of thing that happens when you tell your potential viewers to fuck off on Twitter.

Of course, they're replacing him with Tim Brando, so I'm not sure if that makes things better or worse.

Didn't get the Minny game so I can't comment on Goldberg, but although Brando is a douche, he at least knows the game. . .

I'd be perfectly fine with the league dropping one (or two) pre-season games and expanding the season backwards to 18 weeks.  

16 games, 2 bye weeks. 

18 games, including one in Foreign City X would be just awful for the people who have to play these games. 

• Like 1

I liked when Brando used to get to do one college game a year for CBS. Definite upgrade over Mike "Bridgewater was looking for Golden Tate" Goldberg.

And yet - Dick Stockton - who made a billion mistakes... again... including mixing up Larry Fitzgerald and Desean Jackson (who are on two different teams) and calling a play that was 8 yards short of the marker a first down.

But he is old so apparently he can't be replaced.

I'm amazed they never brought back the two bye weeks set-up they ran for one or two seasons in the 90's, just to get an extra week out of the season.

I agree, start the season a week earlier, and then have a labor day triple header, instead of the lame two monday night games. . . 

I liked when Brando used to get to do one college game a year for CBS. Definite upgrade over Mike "Bridgewater was looking for Golden Tate" Goldberg.

And yet - Dick Stockton - who made a billion mistakes... again... including mixing up Larry Fitzgerald and Desean Jackson (who are on two different teams) and calling a play that was 8 yards short of the marker a first down.

But he is old so apparently he can't be replaced.

Too many Fox execs like to play the "Dick Stockton Drinking Game" on Sundays. You are right though, he should be put out to pasture too.