DVDVR Message Board

Your PRO WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD for the rest of July

Pete

The way the NWO should have stayed (maybe add Syxx) until Starrcade 1997....

Always wanted one of those shirts...without the New World Order written underneath...they ever sell them?

I disagree.  Part of the appeal over the first however many months was "Who will join next?"  So you'd tune in every week waiting for someone to put on an NWO shirt or strip off whatever shirt he had over top.  I kinda feel like the momentum started to slow down when they stopped adding new members/started adding dumb members (For instance, Dusty Rhodes, as awesome as he is, should have never joined because it served no real purpose).

Posted Image

We were discussing WCW Worldwide/Saturday Night (1999-2000) and someone brought up the time that Hayabusa came to the US and wanted to wrestle for WCW but was basically offered a slot on Worldwide against Toad (fka Frog). So he just hung around backstage talking to Great Muta and Kevin Nash.

I love this picture because it looks like Hayabusa is scratching his crotch while posing with Ace & Russo.

Posted Image

This was the big spot from the LA GUERRA show we went to last month. It looks super-scary from this angle but he hit it perfectly.

• Like 1

Posted Image

This was the big spot from the LA GUERRA show we went to last month. It looks super-scary from this angle but he hit it perfectly.

Is that Big Andy from Tough Enough working security (or whatever he's doing over there)?

RE that (depressing) Sandman photo, it would be better if Bam Bam was still around (I'd be much more scared of him than New Jack) and the film culminates in an epic fight scene like their cracking match at Spring Stampede 1999. 

• Like 1

Is that Big Andy from Tough Enough working security (or whatever he's doing over there)?

Entirely possible, yeah. He's been working in Puerto Rico for awhile and this show had a shit-ton of PR dudes.

Re the Sandman photo, it's more than a little depressing to see that he's 50 now.

• Like 1

Entirely possible, yeah. He's been working in Puerto Rico for awhile and this show had a shit-ton of PR dudes.

Re the Sandman photo, it's more than a little depressing to see that he's 50 now.

I find it amazing that he made it to 50. Sandman's gonna live forever.