Ukraine
Sweden
Hungary

Unseeded (projected)
Denmark
Republic of Ireland
Norway
Slovenia

Sweden vs Denmark or Norway are both a pretty big thing in Northern Europe. Sweden has been pretty woeful in this campaign, I´d say though. Sweden v Ireland could also bee a nice match up atmosphere-wise, don´t know about the footie.

It´s really tough to see the Dutch getting eliminated the way they did. You can´t argue about it not being deserved, though. They only collected ONE point against the top 3, in their home game against Turkey, with a late, late equalizer. Israel got some early hype aswell but couldn´t really get anything from the groups top three.

Play-Offs

Seeded (projected)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ukraine
Sweden
Hungary

Unseeded (projected)
Denmark
Republic of Ireland
Norway
Slovenia

These seedings have been confirmed

Draw is Sunday

• 4 weeks later...

France won 2-0 against Germany. Your typical boring friendly with a few interesting things and two exceptionally well set up goals for France.
Frightening stuff however which is not directly related to football. Posting this here because it´s a prep game for France 2016 and France is going to be the host nation. So I guess it has some relevance.
Two very audible explosions occured during the first half of the game, apparantly taking place very close by, somewhere outside the Stade de France. German announcer mentioned eighteen people killed, shootings in Paris aswell as an ongoing hostage crisis late in the second half. Not knowledge yet if it was in any direct relation to the match. German team had to leave the hotel earlier today after a bomb threat. That match seems even less meaningful right now.

From The Guardian's live blog:

French police: At least 26 people are dead in a spree of violence around Paris. There is also a hostage-taking underway in a theatre.

Three different attacks throughout the city.

I watched the first half, it was kind of dull, took a walk during the second and missed realizing the seriousness of what was going on until I got back. Heard the big bangs on the broadcast, wasn't sure what the hell they were, it sounded like a cannon going off or something. It must have been just outside the stadium.

Biggest immediate issue as far as the stadium goes is what to do with people inside the stadium, I imagine. You can't exactly ask for everyone to go home in an orderly fashion with bombs going off outside.

I guess it will take a while since the actual numbers make their way to the media. Figures seem to chance by the minute. Apparently more and more shootings are being reported. Hostage situation seems to be growing into a shooting aswell. 

Explosions near Stade de France rumoured to be suicide bombers. RUMOURED as of now.

A school in Stoke-on-Trent had a Superhero day on Friday (for Children in Need), where the kids could dress up as their favourite Superhero. One of them wore this:

CT90OTdXIAA-8At.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...