DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2016 THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, texanspaniard said:

I have felt for a while that France or Germany will eventually win this Euros so I never entertained Spain going too far into the knock out stages this go around. Facing Italy in the Round of 16, I think Italy will end up winning and la Furia Roja well be exiting soon which is fine. Excited to see how it all unfolds though! 

Your Armada better win and prevent the new chapter of Germany's Italy-curse from happening. ;) I still think there are no real favourites so far. 90 % of EURO 2016 were games with one team trying to play and the other one preventing football. In the k.o.s draws and narrow losses won't help. Plus lots of teams coming through will have creating and attacking mindsets.

• Like 1

Curses are for being broken amigo! Spain used to have an Italian curse as well and they broke that. Germany needs to kick it to the curb! Though if Spain gets through Italy and meets Germany in quarters.. Maybe the run of bad results against Spain in tournaments can continue. *wink* But no seriously, don't fear curses, they all end someday.

People are giving Ronaldo shit over this, but in this instance, I support what he did. The reporter's from a channel that constantly ridicules him. Ronaldo boycotts them, and even won a court case against them because they spread lies about his family and himself. Plus, this outing was supposed to be a walk without the press but with some children. So not only does some idiot from the press force himself towards Ronaldo, it's also an idiot from that particular channel. If Ibrahimovic did this, people would have loved it, but because it's Ronaldo, it's unacceptable. Good for him.

(That said, I hope Portugal loses and Ronaldo misses another penalty. I can't stand the prick.)

• Like 1

I think nobody will take Iceland lightly now. They looked out of depth since minute 20, falling back and sitting deep in their own half. Got lucky on a few occasions and finished the job. Kudos to them, I really hope for some footage from Reykjavik. They will turn night into day. Well, they don't have to, but you get what I mean.

Watched Hungary v Portugal parallel with no sound, looked like fun. Totally open game.