DVDVR Message Board

October 2014 NHL Thread - The Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup Begins

evilwaldo

Two things:

1) They don't deserve better attendance until they play better and get actual talent. It's sickening that Tallon wasted a fuckton of money on mediocre defensemen and fringe second line guys while the Sabres, the fucking Sabres(!) are getting legitimate first liners. No offense to our Sabre fans but they're not any better than Florida has been lately. The fans of HF boards are awful "Florida doesn't need 40 goal scorers we need gritty two way forwards cause God dammit that's how we got to the Cup Finals in '96." it's entirely appalling. Who wants to see Vanek, Parise, or Moulson when you already have Scottie fucking Upshall and Dave Bolland. I wouldn't pay money to see this shitty team either.

2) Why in the fuck would they announce THAT attendance? I mean Jesus Christ, no team on Earth announcers their real attendance. No team that is except for Florida. I think they said they're going to start announcing turnstile attendance or whatever instead of tickets sold but fuck it's pathetic. This has to be some kind of Major League bullshit to move the team.

Sorry about the rant.

I think it's pretty clear that getting rid of the Panthers ice girls was a mistake.

Obviously. They were by far the most talented and enjoyable aspect of the games. But they clearly needed the money to pay for more Blackhawks washouts and 3rd liners that will be populating the 1st and 2nd lines.

I think it's pretty clear that getting rid of the Panthers ice girls was a mistake.

They got rid of the Ice Dancers?  Lord, I'm gay and even I know that's a monumentally stupid idea. 

• Like 1

I would just love to hear who decided the Sabres and Canes should be put on national television (and yes I know that it's because Sabres apparently do good ratings b/c everyone in WNY tunes in, but still)?

Think the Isles might be for real as they badly outplayed the Sharks (outshot them 45-23) but won in skills. Sharks basically stole a point. Interest is picking up as a week ago this game would've drawn 7-8,000 but there were about 13k in Nassau tonight. Was sitting near a Sharks fan who was amazed at the atmosphere and how loud the building was. I'm telling you guys you need to visit the Colliseum this season because it's an experience unlike any of the modern rinks.

Think the Isles might be for real as they badly outplayed the Sharks (outshot them 45-23) but won in skills. Sharks basically stole a point. Interest is picking up as a week ago this game would've drawn 7-8,000 but there were about 13k in Nassau tonight. Was sitting near a Sharks fan who was amazed at the atmosphere and how loud the building was. I'm telling you guys you need to visit the Colliseum this season because it's an experience unlike any of the modern rinks.

Well I have been to Maple Leaf Gardens, The Montreal Forum and the Colisee.  Dont think I would be missing anything if I never got to go to the Nassau Coliseum

Well I have been to Maple Leaf Gardens, The Montreal Forum and the Colisee.  Dont think I would be missing anything if I never got to go to the Nassau Coliseum

Your loss. There were 13k there tonight and it blew away just about every crowd I've ever been a part of (was far noisier than Philly which is saying something). Building is the last of a dying breed.