DVDVR Message Board

My '80s NWA and WWF photos

epwar

Not quite sure where to place these, but figured this is the best spot (if it isn't, could a mod please move them).  

Anyway, digging through the attic I found all of my old wrestling photos from the 1980s. I had just gotten into pro-wrestling at the time and, being in the mid-Atlantic area at the time (1985-87), I was NWA all the way.  Of the hundreds of photos I took (wasted film on) only about 25 turned out to be any good where you could tell who was who.  And I ended up with one damn stylin' and profilin' pic of Ric Flair.  Wooooo!  So here is a link to scans of them.  Bonus: a WWF show that came to the Richmond Coliseum headlined by Hulk Hogan vs. Adrian Adonis.

Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/gallery/Z2ZYL/new

• Like 3

Awesome photos, man.  Thanks!  Were the Flair/Nikita and Bunkhouse Stampede shots from the same show?  I ask because I remember going to a Bunkhouse Stampede tour stop in Baltimore and Flair/Nikita was on it, so I figured  that was the main for more than one show on that tour. 

Neat photos. Strange look to the WWF show, with them going for all-red ring ropes for some reason.

Good call.  They also look like cables instead of the actual ropes they use.  Maybe back then they used whatever rings were available in the town for house shows.

You could always tell a WWF show was in an NWA ring or town (usually Toronto, Montreal, or the Southern US) by black cable ropes and blue/yellow turnbuckles, but this particular red rope/ring post combination color scheme I can't identify who/where it came from.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble finding anything on Hogan/Adonis at Richmond Coliseum. It would have to have taken place in 86-87 because of the world title design, but this list of Hogan/Adonis matches shows nothing about Richmond:

http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=konst&letter1=H&wrestler1=184&letter2=A&wrestler2=1785&letter3=&wrestler3=0&letter4=&wrestler4=0&matchtyp=0&anzeige=matches&seite=2

I'm having trouble finding anything on Hogan/Adonis at Richmond Coliseum. It would have to have taken place in 86-87 because of the world title design, but this list of Hogan/Adonis matches shows nothing about Richmond:

http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=konst&letter1=H&wrestler1=184&letter2=A&wrestler2=1785&letter3=&wrestler3=0&letter4=&wrestler4=0&matchtyp=0&anzeige=matches&seite=2

I'll double check with my friend to see when that was.  I'll check my old PWIs as well as the results may be in there.  It was definitely in Richmond as we never had WWF go further south near us (Norfolk or Hampton) during that time. 

Also, that is a great database.  Pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

• Like 1