DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

Which game was Goldberg calling for Fox?

Vikings/Lions, and he was fucking awful.

And the same team gets Vikings/Bills next week. Maybe he'll learn the name of one or two players on the roster by then, but I won't get my hopes up.

Ah only watched Green Bay at Miami at 1 then switched to red zone once it finished. Yeah I could only imagined how bad he would have been had he accepted WWE's offer to be their play by play guy several years ago.

I do like how Stockton emphasizes Orakpo's name as if to point out that he's finally getting one name right.

You can say and spell his name a 100 different ways but it doesn't hide the fact that he is an overrated joke.   

Oh, I know he's overrated.  Another strike against Bruce Allen for being suckered into thinking Orakpo was worthy enough of being franchised.

Granted it took a missed FG - but that game is a perfect example of why the changes in OT rules will lead to more ties

Teams terrified to do anything just looking to kill time and kick field goals

Yep and god forbid anyone have to play defense. Its not baseball. . but oh no, mighty Peter King was offended and it let to that crappy rule. . . 

The Casey TD was pure Chip Kelly disception genius.

The line goes left like it is a run and the tight end on the left side run a pattern going to the right corner. Everyone is either looking at the flow of the play to the left or the WR running straight ahead. Nobody see or pays attention to the 3rd TE moving to the right because after all it is the 3rd TE.

I like the way the NBA does overtime the best. Just play the full extra quarter.

They only play five extra minutes. Would be like the NFL playing a six minute overtime quarter.

I like the current overtime rule, although I would change it to "first team to six points wins". Two field goals, three safeties, one touchdown, don't care how you get there.

Re: Survivor pool question - if your team does not win, you are out. So a tie would eliminate both options.

As for the Jets, they played okay today, but not well enough to win. Run game was terrible, Geno fucked up less than normal, but they just don't have enough weapons in the pass game. I can't tell how good of a NFL quarterback Geno actually is, because half his fucking receivers the past two seasons should have been in the Arena League.