DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-6-14

MGFanJay

Where is the Big Guy and his lesser half anyway? Jerking the curtain on Main Event?

Ryback is rehabbing from surgery. He wrestled for 7 months with two hernias, Roman Reigns is a pussy.

Reigns couldn't even make it a quarter of a way through a BIG GUY promo before they'd have to do a retake. Can we nominate Reign's hernia for some sort of WOTY award. Without it we would not be getting the glory of Dean Ambrose.

You think Lana is innovative while dumping on the Rock? She says the same shit and gets little heat compared to how fucking easy it should be to get over with that gimmick.

Little heat? I guess this isn't the same woman that actually made the crowd care about Jack Swagger of all people.

• Like 1

Reading this thread has taught me two things.

1) I don't miss having cable/dish. It sounds as if Raw has been the drizzling shits for months now.

2) Ebbie seriously needs a hug or a puppy or something.

Now and forever, Attitude Era Stars > Current Era "Stars"

Ok.  I don't really disagree.  My question is, how does that translate into me wanting to support the current product?  Why should I watch RAW or buy a PPV when I can simply watch the Network or a DVD and see "real" stars in their prime.

Acknowledging that stars from 15 years ago are a bigger deal than your current roster - even though they probably are - is a no-win situation.  Rock will be around for a couple weeks or a couple months, at most.  Rusev will probably be around next summer.  If the company books a program with Rock-Rusev where Rock consistently goes over and is consistently made to look like the bigger star, why should I care about Rusev when Rock isn't around?  I already have the network and a pretty extensive collection  of wrestling DVDs.

• Like 2

My problem with the Rock segment is this: After feuding with John Cena, interrupting/feuding with Rusev is a step down for him. It's also a step up for Rusev but it makes him look bad since the Rock can't/won't take actual wrestling moves anymore.

The perfect resolution to the segment would have been Rusev attacking the Rock immediately after he began his spiel at the end, but we know that won't happen.

• Like 1

You think Lana is innovative while dumping on the Rock? She says the same shit and gets little heat compared to how fucking easy it should be to get over with that gimmick.

Little heat? I guess this isn't the same woman that actually made the crowd care about Jack Swagger of all people.

At the last PPV, in Nashville, TN, they couldn't get the crowd to react to them winning. I was amazed that in the south, no one gave a shit that the evil foreigner won.

That has been a trend for the act: get the crowd fired up for the American, but completely lose them when Rusev wins. Not in that disappointed why because they don't give a shit.

Reigns couldn't even make it a quarter of a way through a BIG GUY promo before they'd have to do a retake. Can we nominate Reign's hernia for some sort of WOTY award. Without it we would not be getting the glory of Dean Ambrose.

Sports/sports entertainment fans always cheer when someone they find unworthy gets injured/sick so their favorite can get more playing/air time.  There's something morbid about that line of thinking.

• Like 2

The only thing that bugged me about Dean getting on the subway was no one actually giving a fuck that Dean Ambrose was on the subway.  He's supposed to be a WWE SUPERSTAR, and it came off like he was just some dude.  People seemed more concerned about why there was a camera there than anything else.

Here's the thing: It's New York City, where even celebrities can be "some dude."

A few years ago I was walking home from work when Bruce Willis literally danced out of a store in front of me. I mean he was doing 360s and bopping down the street all but yelling "I AM BRUCE FUCKING WILLIS, BITCHES" at the top of his lungs. And no one even blinked. Hell, I may have been the only guy on the block who noticed. Long story short, you aren't paying enough attention if you live in NYC and have never seen a celeb doing "normal" things in and around town here and there.

I was distracted by TCM's classic animation block for a goodly portion of the night, but THE ROCK! got me back for good. That crowd was marking out so hard they literally couldn't get their chants in order until halfway through his promo.

• Like 1

I thought Raw was pretty fun, but maybe that's because I missed the last two weeks, so I was a little more up for it than usual.

I found Sandow really funny trying to imitate the Miz during the backstage bit, and enjoyed the crowd marking out for him during the match, and his reactions to it. He deserves better than being the Miz's lackey, but at least he's made it work.

The Rock segment was awesome. Just a tonne of fun. Lana was really great in it too, and I think it makes Rusev look good that he got to spend ring-time with a legend.

Thought the Ambrose stuff was kinda silly, but it's great that he's being made the focus of the show.

Also happy to see Tyson Kidd get some ring-time on Raw, and really liked the Wyatts promos.

Oh yeah, Fat Spanish Waiter was a horrid cunt. Can we stop treating him like some sort of board legend please?

• Like 5

I found Sandow really funny trying to imitate the Miz during the backstage bit, and enjoyed the crowd marking out for him during the match, and his reactions to it. He deserves better than being the Miz's lackey, but at least he's made it work.

Say what you like about The Miz, he got Alex Riley over - this is a great gig for Sandow and it's a shit load better than what he had going on.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind Cena, Rollins, and Ambrose doing the old ROH round robin challenge gimmick where they face each other in three separate matches. Not sure I'd want 3 cell matches though. Rollins/Ambrose feels like the only match up that belongs in the cell.

Mizdow is a great mid card act, but I don't need to see The Miz in 10+ minute matches every week.

Oh yeah, Fat Spanish Waiter was a horrid cunt. Can we stop treating him like some sort of board legend please?

He was the best of us. Pouring one out for my fallen homie.

He's the hero we deserve.  But not the one we need now.

Completely unrelated, "Brie Mode" should be used during CIA torture interrogations.   

• Like 2

I still don't know what Brie mode is.  On the plus side, I am finally remembering which Bella is married to Daniel Bryan.

I haven't been watching a lot of WWE since football season started.  Why is Hornswoggle dressed like an alligator?

Remember when I said that they were going to drag Brie out until Wrestlemania?  The Bellas have become a flip the channel moment.  I know, bad sister who is married to John Cena.  Yes, I know.

Lana was just beautiful last night.  It is not that she is putting over the Rock because that is not her job.  Her job is to get heat when he does his shtick and she was perfect right down to the facial mannerisms which the camera caught perfectly.  When the cameras are flashing to your face during a Rock promo to catch your look of scorn and derision you are doing a great job.

The Rock is throwing her shade and she is tossing it right back getting everyone ticked off because she is not giving him his moment.  Perfect heel manager work.

It still bothers me that Lesnar is not defending the title at HiaC.  This whole bit to get at Rollins is beneath Cena and really a waste of time.  Cena and Lesnar should be the blowoff here with Cena wanting the belt so that Rollins has to cash on him.  Right now the briefcase is worthless.

It did bother me that HHH put himself over again when the story could have been told without him.

I do love the Miz and Sandow.  Pure gold.  Same with the Wyatt promos.

Dean was amazing but we all know that already.

I anxiously await the RUMBLINGZ that there's heat on Lana for not selling Rock's insults more than she did, leaving THE BOYZ IN THE BACK wondering "who does she think she is?" to not act completely horrified by his words.