DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-6-14

MGFanJay

Someone needs to give Lana lessons on how a heel valet is supposed to sell a babyface promo. First, you act all flattered when he tells you how beautiful you are. Then you flip out and act outraged when he drops the punchline about the Smirnoff in your Putin or whatever the fuck it was Rock said. Instead, she just looked vaguely annoyed the whole time.

As for Ambrose, I'll just say that if Cena had come out with condiment holsters and sprayed down his enemies with ketchup and mustard, everyone would be shitting all over it, and rightfully so. On the plus side, the fact that Orton has been reduced to a meat shield for Rollins pleases me greatly.

• Like 1

Rusev needs to never talk again.  It's hard to take someone seriously who sounds almost exactly like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

The only thing that bugged me about Dean getting on the subway was no one actually giving a fuck that Dean Ambrose was on the subway.  He's supposed to be a WWE SUPERSTAR, and it came off like he was just some dude.  People seemed more concerned about why there was a camera there than anything else.

Someone needs to give Lana lessons on how a heel valet is supposed to sell a babyface promo. First, you act all flattered when he tells you how beautiful you are. Then you flip out and act outraged when he drops the punchline about the Smirnoff in your Putin or whatever the fuck it was Rock said. Instead, she just looked vaguely annoyed the whole time.

That's her thing though.  She has this great dismissive laugh and she's so careful about not losing it.  She's way more controlled than most heel managers because 1) she's studied them and 2) she has superior Russian intellect!

So when she does actually lose it, it's a bigger deal.

I actually love when she sells an insult by whispering in Rusev's ear what the guy just said and why it's no big deal.

• Like 5

I don't see poor Rusev.  I see poor "whoever Rusev would eventually have put over who needs it more than Rock"

But a feud with Rock is big time for the young man and his fantastic manager who makes my head sp

I doubt it's going to be a full blown feud, but I could see Rusev getting another chance to get some shots in on the Rock at some point.  Similar to the La Resistance/Rock/Foley thing.

Edited by _MJ_

So, yeah, the people in the Austin Comeback thread saying "There's no way they can put a one time performer over a future star" might need to reconsider that theory after seeing Rock punk out Rusev.

Now and forever, Attitude Era Stars > Current Era "Stars"

Yeah, Rusev isn't anymore of a future star than Vlad Kozlov was. You know he's just going to be fed to Cena in the end and forgotten about.

You know who owned the Rock's segment? Lana, her facial expressions and snide comments to the Rock. Just beautiful.

I missed the start and the first segment was the Bella's which casued me to find something else to do. Yeah, the chant is not over. Not at all.

Seeing Emma was great but I am not sure what it accomplished. Having Paige pin Emma was a nice touch from NXT.

Miz and Sandow owned every segment. They are underrated as a team.

Loved Dean at the end with the hotdog cart. Reminded me of New Jack for a moment.

The less I see of HHH and Steph the better the show will be.

Rusev needs to never talk again.  It's hard to take someone seriously who sounds almost exactly like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

The only thing that bugged me about Dean getting on the subway was no one actually giving a fuck that Dean Ambrose was on the subway.  He's supposed to be a WWE SUPERSTAR, and it came off like he was just some dude.  People seemed more concerned about why there was a camera there than anything else.

That's a nice catchphrase.............for me to poop on!

• Like 3

Special note for tonight.  Guys, this is serious.

Every.  Single. worker

in this company should have been lined up and glued to those monitors to learn from Kathy Lee Gifford how to heel while not being aware that you are heeling.    That was a masterclass in making people hate you while thinking they are  all in love with you.

If they could team her up with Nancy Grace and put them in a hair vs. hair match with any two babyfaces in the company...ANYONE...the fucking Bellas even...WM31 would be fucking huge. 

Imagine the pop Vickie Guererro would get returning and telling Kathy Lee to shut the fuck up.

• Like 2

GUYS STOP MAKING ME THE GREGGULATOR OF RUSEV!!!!

I can take the role. Rusev and Lana are friggin' awesome. My wife came home when that segment was going on so I didn't see all of it. But Lana has the cool disposition of the offspring of a Russian oligarch who has spent her whole life lusted after by Chelsea soccer players or techno music impresarios. Nothing can really bother her because when she goes back to Russia, she has multiple palaces to choose from.

• Like 4

Sheamus seems made to give Rusev his first loss. He is the hill where acts I love go to die. Although it would be amusing having the big Irish Fella come to bat for America against the evil Russians.

Lana is the GOAT. That segment was awesomely fun, probably the best promo from Rock since he started coming back and Lana and Rusev more than held their own in there. I loved them not giving Rock's bullshit any reaction. In the 8 or so months Rusev has been on television it's been firmly established that his only weakness is being sucker punched, at least until he runs into Cena. Then Ambrose showed up and went full Memphis and I decided that I can forgive WWE for the mediocrity of the 1st half of the program. For any other wrestler the ketchup and mustard holsters would've been dumb but Ambrose is clearly insane and thus that and the tongs to the balls work. I really hope he abandons that headlock piece of shit for the DDT he did tonight, I don't think anyone except Seth has made the headlock driver look remotely good.

edit: It's a God damn shame that WWE doesn't seem to be stealing the back stories our posters are giving to their Superstars and Divas.

That's her thing though.  He has this great dismissive laugh and she's so careful about not losing it.  She's way more controlled than most heel managers because 1) she's studied them and 2) she has superior Russian intellect!

So when she does actually lose it, it's a bigger deal.

I actually love when she sells an insult by whispering in Rusev's ear what the guy just said and why it's no big deal.

But this isn't a Jack Swagger promo we're talking about. This is The Rock. When The Rock insults you, you sell it like he just slapped your mother in the face. You sell it like Rusev sold Rock's punches.

GUYS STOP MAKING ME THE GREGGULATOR OF RUSEV!!!!

I can take the role. Rusev and Lana are friggin' awesome. My wife came home when that segment was going on so I didn't see all of it. But Lana has the cool disposition of the offspring of a Russian oligarch who has spent her whole life lusted after by Chelsea soccer players or techno music impresarios. Nothing can really bother her because when she goes back to Russia, she has multiple palaces to choose from.

I like that the hunger in her smile when Rock came out wasn't the usual thing where they have the female valet suddenly lust after him instead of the guy she's with.  Just being above that puts her eons ahead of most WWE valets.

The hunger in her smile when she saw Rock was fully a "Saul Goodman" opportunism about getting to have her guy go up against the biggest star out of nowhere.  She was all like "Shit, let me adjust my blouse and check my hair real quick...we are about to main event this fucking dump!"

She has Heenan lust for the spotlight not the normal heel "girl"lust for babyface dong.  Contrast here to the Summer/Layla horror fest and you can see what a different level she's operating on.

• Like 3

Theories on what Dean thinks "wonder wheel" is and what "checking out the wonder wheel" means? 

I'll guess "wonder wheel" is the moon and "checking out the wonder wheel" means trying to get directly underneath it so that he can hear its magical song that explains how ketchup and mustard can be used to cripple your enemies.

• Like 1