DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-6-14

MGFanJay

Seemed more like a safe way to poke fun at the overly sensitive patriotic people in this country.

This is going in a bad direction.

Nah, no need to start a war over nuttin.' Vince is just known for working his social opinions into his angles, whether he's so tough he can fight congress and God or whether it's 1994 again and he's riffing on news headlines with Jerry Lawler instead of calling Duke Droese matches. Big Show in sensitivity classes after Russia asked for an apology for their flag getting tossed around screeeeams Vince getting the last word.

It made me think about the company's poor track record in general regarding multiculturalism and how it effects the international brand, or if it even does. 

That's all! I love you all.

huskies-of-imgur-6.jpg

• Like 1

You think Lana is innovative while dumping on the Rock? She says the same shit and gets little heat compared to how fucking easy it should be to get over with that gimmick.

I...um...do you ever even watch the wrestlers that you dump on, or do you just throw darts at a chart of random wrestler criticisms to make your posts?

I actually love the Dirty Deeds finisher. It makes a simple headlock turn into a death move. Most importantly, it has a super easy counter for finishing segments, which the WWE style is built around.

I actually do too but outside of Rollins nobody makes it look good. I can sort of understand Kane limp dicking it because he can barely move but when Dean hit it on Orton awhile back even Orton made it look awful. The counter aspect is important but so is having a move that doesn't look like ass when people bump for it.

It's too bad they wasted the Party Foul on Rose because that's a much better looking version of basically the same move.

I was referring to the incident a few years ago where Miz interrupted the national anthem and WWE got into some trouble.

well.. to be more accurate, "Dave Fit Finlay got into some trouble"

(and we got a very lovely shoot before he got out of that trouble!)

I'm more hyped for Ambrose/Cena than I am for the eventual match with Rollins.  Sure, there will probably be a screwy finish, but Cena is fucking great in the Face vs Face matches.  We might see Dean's best match of his WWE run.  

I'm pretty sure Dean is bullet proof at this point.  So many guys die a slow character death when the WWE elevates them, but as someone else mentioned earlier, all of the go to shitty comedy bits actually work this time around. The crazy makes it work.  

I'm all for the Rock showing up at random to go back and forth with the newcomers.  The surprise pop is so much better than announcing his appearances weeks in advance.  Speaking of shitty WWE comedy bits, The Rock is the GOAT at making those work.

I love how people are still complaining about the three hour Raws like there is no alternative way to watch.  I caught Rollins opening promo, every Ambrose/Cena segment, the six man tag and the main event. That was a pretty awesome Raw when you watch the way I do.

EDIT:  O YEAH, HHH trolling Cena with "the champ is here" line was great.  Trips has been on fire for well over a year now.

Well now the Dean/Cena match is contract on a pole so it looks like Dean can go over Super Cena without really going over. I'm way more excited for Rollins/Ambrose in the cell than any other WWE match. This could(should) be the match that cements both guys as main eventers for years to come.

Even if Ambrose manages to get the contract, I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin the Ambrose/Rollins match somehow.

Ambrose and Rollins have already had two AWESOME singles matches -- the Lumberjack match and The Eat The Bricks Raw match. And let's not forget all of Their Shield matches. There's absolutely nothing to suggest they'll have a HITC match ruined.

I'm perfectly fine with Ambrose winning in a screwy way over Cena. They SHOULDN'T have a definitive ending to their burgeoning rivalry quite yet. They've got a lot of legs in those guys going at it. No need to go that route yet. Cena and Punk had a really great rivalry over the years, and they can build that up slowly but surely.

I'm pumped that Ambrose is no Austin. The company doesn't need another Austin. They need new shit, like Ambrose and Daniel Bryan, Lana and Rusev and Wyatt.

I sort of wish the 'Ambrose bails' promo had happened at the beginning of the show and they had just kept a camera with Ambrose on the subway so he could deliver crazy ranting promos. Seriously I would have rather watched Ambrose pushing that hot dog cart through the city while ranting crazy shit talk then most of what happened on the show.

Also, the day that Lana shouts RUSEV, CRUSH at a top heel and turns the act face is the day the fucking arena blows up.

"New shit" like Rusev? Just because he's got a hot chick, who is somewhat witty, talking for him, doesn't make anything about him new or innovative. He's page 3 of the classic VKM playbook.

Russia already has WWE Network.

The Russian flag is pretty new, I doubt it carries the same significance the Stars and Stripes does to the USA. 

It actually does. I'm of Russian descent, was born there and still speak the language. I think it carries the same significance but most reasonable people wouldn't get mad about something like that happening in an environment like WWE.

If they were to ever do a show in Russia, however, the atmosphere and reaction for Rusev would be off the charts.

I didn't look through the rest of this thread, but were the abysmal ratings for this week's Raw discussed yet?

I'm pumped that Ambrose is no Austin. The company doesn't need another Austin. They need new shit, like Ambrose and Daniel Bryan, Lana and Rusev and Wyatt.

I sort of wish the 'Ambrose bails' promo had happened at the beginning of the show and they had just kept a camera with Ambrose on the subway so he could deliver crazy ranting promos. Seriously I would have rather watched Ambrose pushing that hot dog cart through the city while ranting crazy shit talk then most of what happened on the show.

Also, the day that Lana shouts RUSEV, CRUSH at a top heel and turns the act face is the day the fucking arena blows up.

"New shit" like Rusev? Just because he's got a hot chick, who is somewhat witty, talking for him, doesn't make anything about him new or innovative. He's page 3 of the classic VKM playbook.

Russia already has WWE Network.

The Russian flag is pretty new, I doubt it carries the same significance the Stars and Stripes does to the USA. 

It actually does. I'm of Russian descent, was born there and still speak the language. I think it carries the same significance but most reasonable people wouldn't get mad about something like that happening in an environment like WWE.

If they were to ever do a show in Russia, however, the atmosphere and reaction for Rusev would be off the charts.

I didn't look through the rest of this thread, but were the abysmal ratings for this week's Raw discussed yet?

The ratings were due to Monday Night Football and are more than double TNA's.

Would the fact that Rusev isn't Russian and doesn't actually speak the language (I don't think) likely be a problem?

Eh, people would play along. Besides, he doesn't really talk anyway. Lana speaks it and grew up in the Soviet Union.

Who does TNA compete with for ratings again?

I'm not here to talk about TNA and I'm not sure why you are? Also not sure what they have to do with Raw's plummeting ratings.

Raw is now drawing ratings on par with, and below, what WCW Nitro from 2000 was doing. Nitro, which was at its lowest point ever and was also competing with Raw AND Monday Night Football at the time.

How sad is that.

Mocking TNA in the TNA thread isn't trolling, but I'd imagine mocking it in this thread because EN090 is posting here probably is.

That said, EN090, it probably wouldn't kill you not to be baited so easily.

True, it should be noted that the low ratings were due to a strong Monday Night Football game.  The WWE always loses a chunk of their audience around this time of the year due to MNF.

Having the Rock on as a surprise was more than likely a bit of counter programming to surprise the audience.

That was the point I was trying to make.