DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-6-14

MGFanJay

The opening stuff was fine thanks to Seth being a chickenshit, Dean being all-around amazing, and Cena's run-in was helped a lot by not having it telegraphed by his theme. 6-man tag had some fun action, but Cole's "we're back on Raw - MORE OF THE SAME!" fit it far too well outside of the triple superkick finish. Hoda and Kathie Lee segment was technically short, but embarrassing to watch and seemed like it went on for ages. Henry-Bo III was nothing and HENRY GOT ROBBED, that damn ref counted too quickly. Dean going to Coney Island was fun until they showed him not only making it to the subway, but leaving on the train within one commercial break. Mizdow was great with Mr. Kane and the fruit basket. Swagger-Kidd was okay until the goofy finish. They spent more time hyping up the Roman thing than it actually took.

After a bunch of nothing, THE ROCK CAME OUT TO CONFRONT RUSEV! Rock was amazing and I hope we get Rock-Rusev at WM. Women's tag was a thing that helped no one and hurt AJ's character. Rowan video was good, but the pregnant "it's coming" thing was a bit confusing. Miz-Sheamus was a thing. Breast cancer deal felt a bit more genuine this week thanks to Lunden. This was still some pretty blatant pandering at times though, although Cena's kind of damned if it does and damned if he doesn't wear his Keep Calm breast cancer shirt since it really does come off like WWE profiting off of breast cancer. Main event was odd. Why is Cena struggling? A month ago, he murdered the Wyatt Family within minutes and didn't break a sweat. A BIG BOOT IS A DQ!? Dean's hot dog cart stuff was a bit too silly. I like that we finally have a match set for the PPV - Dean vs. Cena, with the winner getting Seth in the cell. It SHOULD be Dean, but him attacking Cena here makes me think Cena could win it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/wwe-raw-10-6-14.html

Screens -

397695356041909.jpg

f67b22356041982.jpg

d4b550356042034.jpg

85728b356042037.jpg

410393356042042.jpg

85a2e5356042084.jpg

657294356042886.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/iiluy4czo0y0j3lll97xgh0gy3rct6ub

Huge props to the people with the 'Dis Is Awesome' sign IN DISCHARGE FONT in the front row. Fuck yes!!! D-beat til death!

Would it hurt Cesaro maybe get a pinfall at least in a tag sometime? I guess since he lost to Sheamus he's after Ziggler now too. How did that come about? Did him and Miz just switch opponents out of nowhere?

I really hope they aren't going the Vader losing-streak route with Big Mark. The second he calls himself "a big fat piece of shit" I will be throwing my remote through the screen. 

Speaking of redoing old angles Tyson Kidd and Natalya has Mark Mero and Sable written all over it. Nice to see Kidd again but that gear has got to go.

Well shit, there's Rocky. A guy in glasses holding a beer bottle in the crowd just completely lost it. Never cared for Rocky in any incarnation but he has such fun out there that it's completely contagious. He does his schtick, which is about 2 Live Crew-level dirty tonight, and thankfully at least takes time to put over both Rusev and Lana in his backhanded manner. Nice jacket too.

And hey Emma's back too. AJ looks wary, maybe afraid that she might try and steal the belt. Is it just me or is Emma the girl at the afterparty who had a couple mixed drinks at the bar and the tequila shot she just took with her friends went to her head, somewhere before it's time for someone to hold her hair back as she yacks in the yard.

So here we go with more sloppy mischief with the hot-dog cart, and at least get a good pop for the DDT. It all reminds me of somebody else... 

• Like 2

I liked Rollins/Ambrose better before they had to drag around 800lbs of dead weight. Rock's return was good, but they kinda made Rusev look like a puss.

I don't think I could mark out harder if FSW's theme hit right here in this thread right now.

• Like 4

So, yeah, the people in the Austin Comeback thread saying "There's no way they can put a one time performer over a future star" might need to reconsider that theory after seeing Rock punk out Rusev.

Now and forever, Attitude Era Stars > Current Era "Stars"

• Like 1

Every week, I feel like Rollins is not the guy to be running his mouth. He doesn't command attention, his voice is totally unremarkable and he looks like such a mid carder trying his damnest to fit in with the guys you could make money off of.

Lana's laughing at the Rock was the best.  She sells every threat with bemused mirth and then she was strutting around like a real manager...like "Fuck, we just made the big time, kid...Hold on, let me check my makeup.  We're about to go prime time!"

And then when she explained the meat joke to Rusev, like "Yeah, I get that reference.  I have mastered English slang."

Meanwhile Rock broke the Cena memorial record for nut/hooker/breathe/poop jokes.  I think he made one that was like he literally said someone's poop breathe smelled like a hooker's hairy nutsack I think.  The fucking quadfecta.

That's a pro, folks.

• Like 4

That wasn't a hot dog Ambrose was eating - it was the remains of the hot dog cart's original vendor.  Not only did the car provide him with a useful foreign object, but he'll probably live in it for the next week or two.

As tired as I am of The Rock's schtick, I actually got a good laugh out of some of that skit.

• Like 1

I hate October Raws.

Not like the September Raws are blowing people away

I would like to think that Dean can beat Cena and we finally get the amazing Rollins vs Ambrose match that people want.   But given the ending tonight I don't see it.   the best we can hope for is a 3 way

I do have to question how dean was able to get the hot dog stand to RAW.  I mean yeah there has been some weird shit on the subway but that would be a new one  

• Like 1

I think it was Chewbacca's nut sack which I guess means that Rock has an intimate knowledge of what Chewies sack smells like. The Authority needs to be replaced by the revamped Wyatt's and whatever is in that pregnant woman's belly.

Watching the crowd YES! YES! at the end of the show really drove home why the Ambrose reactions aren't quite where they should be given how brilliant Ambrose is. The typical WWE audience is conditioned to play sing-a-long and recognize catch phrases - Dean just comes out and talks. It reminds me of some of Foley's best promos when he'd just come out and talk to utter silence because the crowd just wants to say WHAT? or some shit instead of listening to a compelling performer talk.

On the plus side, at least they seem to be getting a better handle on the Ambrose character. Although they really should've shown him jumping the turnstile and stealing change out of a street performer's hat on the way to the subway.

You think Lana is innovative while dumping on the Rock? She says the same shit and gets little heat compared to how fucking easy it should be to get over with that gimmick.

You shu tup you mean American.

Dean Ambrose is so awesome right now. The ending of the show was pretty obvious from the start -- of course Ambrose would leave because Cena's a d-bag, and of course he was going to come back and save the day, and of course he was going to harm Cena.

But how they went about it is the fun part. The shot of Ambrose actually going onto the subway might become one of the iconic moments this year. Him coming out with a hot dog car already reached that status.

Rollins was ON FIRE tonight. He's so awesome with his trash talk and cowardice and his love of sniveling away from having to fight. Big ups to Orton, too, for having all that mustard on his face.

The Wyatt promos are great. Harper and Rowan now have backstories, but are told in their own unique way.. Awesome.

I thought the opening match was great, too.

Hopefully Emma continues to get a push in the "actual woman's wrestling" division.

Tyson Kidd brought his NXT awesomeness, too.

• Like 5

Dean Ambrose is so awesome right now. The ending of the show was pretty obvious from the start -- of course Ambrose would leave because Cena's a d-bag, and of course he was going to come back and save the day, and of course he was going to harm Cena.

But how they went about it is the fun part. The shot of Ambrose actually going onto the subway might become one of the iconic moments this year. Him coming out with a hot dog car already reached that status.

I actually felt a little sympathy for John Cena when Dean called him out.  If it's possible to be a high-maintenance hobo squatter, somehow Dean manages to be that.

And then it became this awesome dad vs. sullen teen sketch where the difference between Cena and Ambrose is that Cena has been in these "mismatched" tag teams before and he wants to get through the night in  one piece, and he understands the formula.  Meanwhile Dean is all

"I have suicide tattooed on my shoulder and I don't care! I have no problem dropping you where you stand right now and taking on the authority by myself.   FUCK YOU I DON'T NEED ANYONE I WAS BORN TO BE IN PAIN FUCKER IT'S MY FUCKING LIFE YOU DON'T KNWO ME oLD MAN"

And then Cena is all "Now calm down, Dean.  You should learn from your elders.  You need to understand the long term consequences of these things, son..."

"FUCK Y)U DAD I"M OUTA HER I CAN STAY AT MY FRIEND KEV'S HE'S GOT A LOFT SPACE DOWNTOWN...YEAH DOWNTOWN!!!! HAVE FUN DEALING WITH MOM'S DRINKING I FUCKING HATE YOU YUO"RE NOT MY DAD ANYWAYS I KNOW YOU BOUGHT ME FROM THAT LADY WHO USED TO SELL CHICKENS AND KIDS IN TEH PARKING LOT AT WOOLWORTHS ANYWAYS YOU SHOULDA JUST BOUGHT THE CHICKEN INSTEAD AND WE BOTH WOULDA BEEN BETTER OFF FUCK YOU AND YOUR GOLF BUDDIES ANYWAYS"

And Cena's all "Look, I called in a lot of favors to get you that internship.  If you're not going to finish school this is the best way to plan for your future."

"I DINT" ASK YOU TO GET ME ANY FUCKING INTERNSHIP AN I DONT WANNA WORK IN SOME OFFICE WITH YOUR OLD FRAT BROTHERS ANYWAY IM GONNA LIVE ON THE LAND AND EAT HOT DOGS AND SLEEP UNDE THE BOARDWALK AND DO FEATS OF STRENGTH FOR FOOD!!! It's THE NEW WAY OLD MAN!!!!  

LONGLIVETHENEWFLESH@!!!!!

LONGLIVETHENEWFLESH@!!!!"

But then he forgot all that once he got into the subway and just grabbed the handrail and yelled "FLY DRAGON!!!! I WILL LIVE INSIDE YOU AND WE WILL HAVE ALL THE DOLLAR TREE STORES WHERE WE CAN SAMPLE ALL OF THE SHIRTS WE WANT AND NO ONE CAN KICK US OUT AGAIN!!!"

• Like 15

This thread is not going to be filled up with a bunch of "Poor Rusev" posts, when most of yall haven't given a damn about this dude in weeks, right?

I'm always down for random Rock returns, especially with the midcard acts.

With the amount of run-ins he does, Ambrose really needs a quick move or strike finisher. 

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

I don't have any hope for the women on the main roster. They have no clue how to book them. Mostly it's just this one's crazy, this one's jealous, and the other one is crazy jealous of the crazy one but not jealous of the jealous one.

I thought Rusev and Lana looked liked they belonged. It was a nice rub, but it's probably something no one will remember two weeks from now. Probably just a test run to see how they handle themselves with a big star. Rusev got punked, but yeah no real damage done. It was a fun segment.

• Like 1