DVDVR Message Board

October 2014 Football Thread

cubbymark

That Gotze goal was a thing of beauty.

Also the cross by Lewandoski (I think) leading to Robben's second goal was a beauty too.

Bayern has an amazing club. It's crazy how stacked they are currently.

Also Schalke is tied 1-1 with Sporting at home. What do you do if they lose? Who takes the blame? Di Matteo?

Really surprising, considering how good Roma had looked so far. Since the Citizens threw away a good lead, Bayern basically only need 1 point to qualify for the last 16, four points should be enough to win the group almost, depending who they get those from.

Schalke, from what I saw in the Simulcast, looks as dull and uninspired as they had looked under Keller against Maribor, but it´s kind of unrealistic to imagine them being improved in the blink of an eye. They just now took the lead, but that´s what you´d imagine when they play a team one man down. If Matteo is the answer to their problems will take some time to decide tbh.

Chelsea and Donezk are both cruising to victory.

Day of the blowouts it seems.

Neuer has been excellent and I do agree with the commentators when they said he's the best GK in the world.

Gervinho finally scored one for Roma and seeing how excellent he's been, he deserved it.

1-6 Franck Ribery goal from another awesome Robben set up.

Bayern has held back a bit in the second half and they still were able to score another goal.

Dortmund has been on fire in the Champions League tbh, and what they showed 20 minutes in so far looks like the Dortmund that was successful for the last 4 years.

Schalke´s penalty, despite me wishing I could say something else, was a joke and I can´t blame anyone for shaking his/her head at it. Schalke didn´t look good, but getting the win was much needed. I´d say so far they are only one point behind what they´d hoped for, since the draw at Chelsea was kind of a bonus. Now they have to get results in their away games. Bayern on the other hand was off the charts yesterday, although Roma crumbled right from the get-go.