DVDVR Message Board

Gilmore Girls Binge Watch

Greggulator

This will probably only be me and JR but I made this anyways!

I'm two episodes in. The first two episodes start off so strong. There's great chemistry immediately with Lorelai and Rory. It really didn't take long for them to completely iron out everyone's characters and get some more of the details just right. They hit the ground running and didn't stop for seven more seasons without too many slip-ups.

There's a lot more Lane than I realized in these early episodes. I do remember a bit of a plot arc coming up where she feels left out of the Gilmore gang because Rory's at Chilton and Dean's there now, too.

I completely forgot how goofy Dean is and how rotten Tristan is.

The two characters they still haven't completely nailed yet are Richard and Emily. This is especially true with Richard, who is just sort of there at the first dinner. The first dinner was so awkward and silent compared to what's to come. The Emily character does a better job explaining her motivations later on.

Melissa McCarthy also makes me sad. She's really great as Sookie. She does sweet and nice and quirky so incredibly well. She figured out a way to become a star, but that's sadly based on being the overweight maniac who has diarrhea all of the time. Good for her for making bank but she's way better than that.

• Like 2

Melissa McCarthy also makes me sad. She's really great as Sookie. She does sweet and nice and quirky so incredibly well. She figured out a way to become a star, but that's sadly based on being the overweight maniac who has diarrhea all of the time. Good for her for making bank but she's way better than that.

This annoys me SO MUCH. McCarthy is so much better than simply being Femme!Farley.

I think the best part of this binge watch will be seeing how some characters, like Emily and Richard, really grow, but notable others, like Luke, somehow don't at all.

It's fun to watch and try and remember a time when Rory and Lorelei were actually likable. If my boss wasn't coming in to work tomorrow, I think if watch at least a season by Friday.

Shouldn't you guys be watching Degrassi or something?

I have watched every episode of the original Degrassi AND a whole bunch of the new Degrassi. Total guilty pleasure.

Seriously -- give Gilmore Girls a try (if you haven't been swayed for FNL first). It's a really great show. It has so much awesome stuff -- the best mother/daughter relationship on television probably ever, class issues (Rory grew up the daughter of a single parent who was determined to make it on her own before she was thrust into the monied class), really well-done romantic relationship stuff and a ton of quirky characters in the hometown the show is anchored in. And it has some really great dialogue and is laugh out loud funny.

It's not too far down the list of my favorite shows of all-time.

Richard is a character who frustrates me no end. He goes from developing into a likable dude and then throws it ou the window at times just so he can prove he is whitest rich white guy in Conneticut

James