DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Posted Image

Man on the right is Norbert Grupe aka Wilhelm Von Homburg, who is most known for playing Vigo the Carpathian in Ghostbusters 2. Before he was an actor he was a boxer and before he was a boxer he was a wrestler. Here he is with his father Richard Grupe and were in a tag team together called “The Vikings”. They aren’t wearing their Viking costumes in this photo but Norbert is awesomely sporting a Monocle!

http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/scblog/index.php/2012/09/28/the-ghostbusters-n-wrestling-connection

• Like 3

Regarding why Vince would have the Cali Andre footage, California and New York always ran against the NWA and AWA so they were tight. It's probably the same reason Vince managed to score New Japan footage for the Benoit DVD. Speaking of which, I wonder how much that's worth now...

And THAT reminds me that pro wrestling is Jushin motherfucking Thunder Liger. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vince would also bicycle in LA guys like Gordman and Victor Rivera because their TV was so strong, even in NYC.

As an aside, don't you wish more promotions' 40 year old TV looked this great?

• Like 1

Vince would also bicycle in LA guys like Gordman and Victor Rivera because their TV was so strong, even in NYC.

Most promotions' 40 year old TV no longer exists.  Fortunately New Japan's does.

I stared at this thing for 30 minutes.  I can't see the fucking sailboat!!!!!!

Man, I never could do one of those ever. I hated them.

I couldn't see them for the longest time but eventually I got to the point where all I had to was take my glasses off and bam, there it is.

Gordman this time coming from regular Mexico.

Also, this video shows three reasons why I love watching tapes from 1970's WWF:

1) That classy ring color scheme, dark blue with silver ropes and posts (not a fan of the red middle turnbuckle, though)

2) Vince shilling non-wrestling things, in this case a BOWLING tournament

3) That the audience is a mix of blue collar workers, kids, and pimps with their women

• Like 1