DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I'm not going to quote the whole post but someone posted a WWE pic of a woman looking like Missy Hyatt interviewing Honky and Jimmy Hart.  Was that Missy?  I didn't think she had a WWE run.

When Piper "retires" at WM 3, they bring Missy in at the next television tapings with the idea that "Missy's Manor" will replace Piper's Pit. I seem to recall the marketing saying something along the lines of "No man can fill Roddy's boots... but she can."

What nobody realized at the time was that her verbal ability wasn't nearly as good without Jim Ross coaching her before the red light went on, as he had done in Mid-South. Despite a few weeks of TV hype post WM 3 none of the segments ever aired, although Missy did upload them onto YouTube a few years back, presumably with permission (but maybe not):http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsvO68ptC2g6bxR_ZJCTlcy-pwor2xLHM

• Like 1

Does anybody know what belt Hulk has on in this picture.... ?

Posted Image

That belt is WAY cooler than anything else from Hogan's run. I've never seen it before and my memory is borderline insane when it comes to stuff like that...

Me too, brother...and I HAVE NEVER seen that belt before. That match looks to have taken place in late 86, early 87...maybe to coincide with Andre getting a new belt made as well, I guess they temporarily were adamant about getting a new belt made to replace the Hogan '86 belt? Whatever reason, they went back to the Hogan '86 and kept it until the Main Event 1988 in February when it was replaced by the classic Winged Eagle version.

I would imagine this has gotta be a prototype of the pre-WM 3 belt, side plates are similar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The belt in question has been verified as being worn by Hulk at least two times in 1986, both against Paul Orndorff, but it's story is still greatly unknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RR89rRLzYz4