DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I think someone on Austin's podcast was talking about it.  I think it was Tim White.  Basically the 'Birds were showing up to gigs late and probably drunk and Andre had enough and threw their shit out of the locker room.  I think it might have gone as far as saying it was them or me but I might be mixing up my stories here.

The Warlord/Barbarian split was obviously to create Warrior and Hogan opponents and it really never worked out that way.

Shame there was no Powers of Pain vs. Hogan/Warrior Summerslam main (or at least a Saturday Night's Main Event).  I think that would be a match we'd still talk about to this day ...

• Like 1

Does anybody know what belt Hulk has on in this picture.... ?

Posted Image

That belt is WAY cooler than anything else from Hogan's run. I've never seen it before and my memory is borderline insane when it comes to stuff like that...

Me too, brother...and I HAVE NEVER seen that belt before. That match looks to have taken place in late 86, early 87...maybe to coincide with Andre getting a new belt made as well, I guess they temporarily were adamant about getting a new belt made to replace the Hogan '86 belt? Whatever reason, they went back to the Hogan '86 and kept it until the Main Event 1988 in February when it was replaced by the classic Winged Eagle version.

I would imagine this has gotta be a prototype of the pre-WM 3 belt, side plates are similar.

I think someone on Austin's podcast was talking about it.  I think it was Tim White.  Basically the 'Birds were showing up to gigs late and probably drunk and Andre had enough and threw their shit out of the locker room.  I think it might have gone as far as saying it was them or me but I might be mixing up my stories here.

It was Bret who told the story.

It's really only three shots that Hayes sticks around for:WWF @ Struthers, OH - Fieldhouse - September 18, 1984Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts defeated Ken Patera & the MoondogsIs last appearance of the Birds as a trio and then Hayes does these by himself:WWF @ Miami, FL - Knight Center - September 22, 1984 (2,000)Michael Hayes defeated Rene GouletWWF @ Minneapolis, MN - Met Center - September 23, 1984 (7,500)Pat Patterson & Michael Hayes defeated the Moondogs; the bout was originally scheduled as the Freebirds vs. the Moondogs & the SpoilerWWF @ London, Ontario - London Gardens - September 24, 1984Michael Hayes pinned Dave Barbie at 2:42 with an elbow drop off the middle turnbuckleAnd then Hayes is never seen again until 1995. I completely believe the Hayes/Andre thing happened even if it didn't directly lead to his firing. Hayes tells the story himself on the Andre ep of Legends of Wrestling and its hilarious. 

It's really only three shots that Hayes sticks around for:WWF @ Struthers, OH - Fieldhouse - September 18, 1984Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts defeated Ken Patera & the MoondogsIs last appearance of the Birds as a trio and then Hayes does these by himself:WWF @ Miami, FL - Knight Center - September 22, 1984 (2,000)Michael Hayes defeated Rene GouletWWF @ Minneapolis, MN - Met Center - September 23, 1984 (7,500)Pat Patterson & Michael Hayes defeated the Moondogs; the bout was originally scheduled as the Freebirds vs. the Moondogs & the SpoilerWWF @ London, Ontario - London Gardens - September 24, 1984Michael Hayes pinned Dave Barbie at 2:42 with an elbow drop off the middle turnbuckleAnd then Hayes is never seen again until 1995. I completely believe the Hayes/Andre thing happened even if it didn't directly lead to his firing. Hayes tells the story himself on the Andre ep of Legends of Wrestling and its hilarious.

Ah, ok. But Bret's story was all three fired the next day. But that's how rasslin stories go.

I'm not going to quote the whole post but someone posted a WWE pic of a woman looking like Missy Hyatt interviewing Honky and Jimmy Hart.  Was that Missy?  I didn't think she had a WWE run.

Also, I didn't realize they ran shows at the Struthers Fieldhouse back in 84.  That's in my neck of the woods.  I remember going to some RAW tapings there when business was bad in 95.  HBK jumped into the front row and sat down for a few seconds.  Of course, in 1984 I was only three months old, so I would have had a hell of time getting there to see the Birds.

INSIDECRADLE; The WARLORD pic came from some random WWE comics/cartoons I'd had found randomly on the net over the past few years...and THE BATBOY, post some of those SWEET A$$ LUCHA pics over in the LUCHA section if ya could, sure would start things rolling over there with the images.

Preish