DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Does anybody know what belt Hulk has on in this picture.... ?

Posted Image

That belt is WAY cooler than anything else from Hogan's run. I've never seen it before and my memory is borderline insane when it comes to stuff like that...

Does anybody know what belt Hulk has on in this picture.... ?

Posted Image

That belt is WAY cooler than anything else from Hogan's run. I've never seen it before and my memory is borderline insane when it comes to stuff like that...

Me too, brother...and I HAVE NEVER seen that belt before. That match looks to have taken place in late 86, early 87...maybe to coincide with Andre getting a new belt made as well, I guess they temporarily were adamant about getting a new belt made to replace the Hogan '86 belt? Whatever reason, they went back to the Hogan '86 and kept it until the Main Event 1988 in February when it was replaced by the classic Winged Eagle version.

Wait, the Freebirds had a WWF run?  When did I miss that?

Tim White told the story when he was on Austin's podcast. Basically after they showed up drunker than shit and in no condition to work to a couple shows, Andre told them they were fired. Hayes (being obviously young and VERY stupid to mouth off to Andre) told him he had no authority to fire them. Andre told them he would tell the office the next day that either the Freebirds get fired or he quits. Freebirds were fired the next day.

• Like 2