DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Virgil looks so out of place on Piper's team now.  Can't think of anyone that ever fell from being in a high profile program to becoming a job guy faster than Virgil.

And Warlord just looked cool.  He looked cooler with the paint but then he got a staff with a 'W' on it.  Not just anybody can get away with carrying around a staff with a 'W' on it.  Not Warrior, not Wendi Richter, not Wade Barrett.  Maybe Wahoo McDaniel and William Regal could've.  Wally Karbo would've seemed like a competent authority figure if he had a staff with a 'W' on it.

No, it's not. He couldn't work. I can't recall one good Warlord match.

Good matches with Demolition. In particular their debut as faces in Philly. Him and Barbarian were great squash match guys in the NWA. Matches with Bulldog in 91 were good. 

• Like 1

Warlord had a lot of suplexes and stuff. That was the surprising thing from watching him in the NWA. I still wonder how he broke Animal's orbital bone with a Samoan Drop.

Warlord landed awkwardly, putting his weight on Animal's head.

• Like 1

Warlord's outfit reminds me of the time in ATHF where Master Shake says WHAT'S THE D STAND FOR!? IT STANDS FOR DRACULA! THE D STANDS FOR DRACULA! That whole Hogan gallery is fantastic - I'm definitely going to save every photo from it at some point.