DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Went through a folder on my computer full of wrestling photos. Found some good ones. Maybe I'll upload some more tomorrow. Sorry for the huge post, but whatever.

Posted Image

That Horseman symbol makes me a little uneasy.

Posted Image

I'm more weirded out that Arn isn't throwing up the sign in that pic then anything....

And i'm still pissed I was never to find any of that August batch of figures in the store as a kid, I was fuckin hyped for that Nailz

Young skinny Aja could still kick anyone's ass.

Jeez, you've got Kudo, Bison, Combat and KAORU right there with her. What a class.

Same year also had Mika Takahashi & Miori Kamiya (later Cooga in JD) who were both really great under the radar wrestlers from that era

I'm still pissed that nobody's put the photo from Harley's book of those three holding the NWA title in front of them together backstage on the internet. I'd do it myself if I had a scanner. JACK looks tougher than HARLEY in that one, if you can believe it. The look on his face is so threatening. 

Because this was connected to the Spivey Spike video I have to share it. Anybody know the story behind this? It looks like a gauntlet match starting with Sakiguchi (or probably someone lower down before him). The look of panic from the rookies, then footage of people scrambling to get away from Hansen are priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNbM3Rv4LuE

Posted Image

Uh, no shit.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so that's why there's a cage around the ring.  I was wondering about that!"

OK, this is taking the concept of "playing to the back row" a little too far.

• Like 3

Went through a folder on my computer full of wrestling photos. Found some good ones. Maybe I'll upload some more tomorrow. Sorry for the huge post, but whatever.

Posted Image

Did someone send Bull one of the Coneheads sensor rings?

• Like 1

Maybe its just me but I think the cage match pic is awesome.  Any idea when/where it was?

Posted Image

ROAD HOUSE SIG! YES! "A polar bear fell on me."

To go with one of this month's themes:

Posted Image

So wish I got the mags that week, because one of them had the same shot with Arn in the background rocking the shit-eating grin of all shit-eating grins. "That's right folks, boy just did a MISSILE DROPKICK. What you got?"

Add me to the "cage match photo rules" camp. Love the cheesy scoreboard graphic... I'd like to know what arena that's from, because I can't remember a lot of places with something like that.