DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Without checking the "E's" website, what the hell kinda gig is this? Some sorta old school Cubbies baseball celebrity game or something?! And is that the infamous BILL MURRAY laughing in front of PUNK? Nice uni's but any idea what they say/who they respresent/team name?

Posted Image

Close - it was Kerry Wood's charity whiffle ball game. The uniforms were replicas of the Cubs uniforms from I believe when the Cubs last won the World Series

Apparently Mongo McMichael was there too

The Aptermags always referring to Onita as "Mr. Onita" was a constant source of amusement among my friends and myself in the early 90's.  Likewise calling Sean Waltman "The Kid" for several years, even though he only used that name for one match.

Posted Image

I have this poster.  I stole it from Rose trainee J_Sin Sullivan, and I am NEVER giving it back. :)

By the way, if you're in Oregon, check out Burgerville, they're fantastic.  If they're good enough for Buddy, they're damn sure good enough for you.

Not to speak of ill of the dead, but what wasn't good enough for Buddy?

• Like 1

Posted Image

Not sure what's better: Eaton wearing a "Pac-Man Fever" shirt, or that he felt the need to PERSONALIZE it.

"I got ups! WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA"
I like that he's doing the old Steve Martin arrow through the head bit.

I like that you made a joke that was relevant to the time period.  On a somewhat related note, I'm curious what moment made that  "make your own T-shirt" font fall out of style.  Because you saw that shit EVERYWHERE.  And then...you NEVER saw it.  And you never see it now.  Even the ironic don't touch it.

I like that you made a joke that was relevant to the time period.  On a somewhat related note, I'm curious what moment made that  "make your own T-shirt" font fall out of style.  Because you saw that shit EVERYWHERE.  And then...you NEVER saw it.  And you never see it now.  Even the ironic don't touch it.

It's Cooper Black, which would be one of the greatest wrestling names ever. A big rawboned fellow with hands like legs of lamb. Cooper Black would always be up for some good clobbering.http://www.bluecotton.com/visual-history-cooper-black
  • Like 2