DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Posted Image

This deserves a quote

"Here at Rude Chrystler, we won't turn you down, for bad credit, or no credit at all!"

But if you forget to pay at the end of the month, you get a Rude Awakening.

Great, now I'm picturing Rick Rude and Curt Hennig (cause you know he would be the top salesman) out in the parking lot shooting some wacky commercial.

Tenryu, Jumbo, and THE MONSTER MENG just moved way up my all time dream team list.

Fuck that would have ruled.

From Wrestlingdata.com:

AJPW @ Tokyo

14. Juni 1984 @ Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)
Gen'ichiro Tenryu, Giant Baba, Jumbo Tsuruta and King Tonga defeated Tiger Jeet Singh, Umanosuke Ueda, Goro Tsurumi and Buzz Tyler [Elimination Match]

He teamed with Tsuruta and Tenryu a bit while in All Japan. He was only baby Meng at that point though.

Then there's this:

NJPW Summer Struggle - Day 22

21. Juli 1999 @ Nakajima Sports Center in Sapporo, Hokkaido (Japan)
Scott Norton and Satoshi Kojima defeated Gen'ichiro Tenryu and Meng
Not taped. :(

Blue Wolf couldn't lace Scott Norton's boots... While I'm thinking about it, I don't think Norton could lace his own boots with those arms of his.

But, yeah, pictures.

This team right here... these guys?

Posted Image

Lost. To Inoki and Sakaguchi. Guess who got the W.

And Gotch training a young Maeda:

Posted Image

Lastly, Baba going TO THE EXTREME on Gypsy Joe:

Posted Image

• Like 3

I've never fully understood the Norton love.  He was decent as far as hosses go, but I remember when he no-showed that WCW PPV against Sting and some folks acted like we missed something great.  (Even though their previous NJ match sucked a dick.)

Posted Image

Somewhere, Teddy Hart is looking on in envy.

I demand a match between Daniel Bryan with an army of goats and Teddy Hart with his trained cats immediately if not sooner.

The great thing about Teddy's wrestling cats is that no matter how many moonsaults they do, they'll always land on their feet.

• Like 3

I always hated that garish blue/red case. I loved it when the guys customized it. Orton should really have one customized - they've got all sorts of cool-looking graphics for his tron - just adapt that to a case. Also, sell some replicas.