DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Why didn't Low-Ki work out in the WWE? I enjoyed his season of NXT and loved his partnership with LayCool. I know he's difficult to deal with but what was the exact story?

From what I recall, he came to the conclusion that they would never seriously push him. This came on the heels of him jobbing to Drew Mac in like 2 minutes on Smackdown. From there he asked for his release.

It's rumored he found out he was going to be fired, and the "asked for his release" story was put out to let him save face

(Whether that's true or not, I dunno.  It seems slightly more likely than quitting a job that pays better than anything else in your profession.  But, I can see ki thinking that it wasn't worth it and hoping he could get enough bookings in the indys and Japan to make out ok.  Might have worked out too if he wasn't so adept at burning bridges.)

Couldn't have been Hogan. He was still recovering from tearing every muscle in his back and chest after slamming a 1500lb Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania III which caused the 1989 Lorma Prieta earthquake.

Andre died a few days later.

• Like 2

Why didn't Low-Ki work out in the WWE? I enjoyed his season of NXT and loved his partnership with LayCool. I know he's difficult to deal with but what was the exact story?

From what I recall, he came to the conclusion that they would never seriously push him. This came on the heels of him jobbing to Drew Mac in like 2 minutes on Smackdown. From there he asked for his release.

That was the story that was reported out after Low-Ki's release. HOWEVER, a few days after that, Low-Ki went on Dave Lagana's podcast and said "I never asked for my release."

Couldn't have been Hogan. He was still recovering from tearing every muscle in his back and chest after slamming a 1500lb Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania III which caused the 1989 Lorma Prieta earthquake.

Its common knowledge that Andre had been dead for several weeks before that match.

Its common knowledge that Andre had been dead for several weeks before that match.

Hogan's feats of strength against Andre are even more impressive when you consider that he was doing so with a bad neck from when the Undertaker dropped him on his head in 1974.

Odd thought. If Nash and Hall never signed to WCW and there was never an NWO would WCW still be around? We would've never had the super boom period that led to Thunder, 3 hour Nitro and general oversaturation so in theory they would've stayed more stable. It's crazy to think of all the tangibles.

Would we still have the Attitude Era and all those stars?

Would Glacier be a HOFer?

Would Hall of been WWF champ?

Would Hogan of left the business?

Just a thought.