DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

A.J. Lee and a partner of her choice vs. Paige & Alicia Fox

Scheduled for RAW. I'm calling CM Punkette.

I guess it's too much to expect a one-off Lita appearance

That might be a little weird even by wrestling standards..  but then again, wrestling standards are pretty weird.

Mae Young's Corpse is still better than most of the Main roster.

Fixed it for ya

Still would rather watch Mae Young give birth to a hand than Rollins or Reigns stumble through a script written by someone who was turned down for Selfie.

• Like 1

Dumb question: could NJ work on American television?

Let me clarify work. Let's assume they signed on Ross and Chael for in studio, not live, commentary and found a home on FS2 or even Spike to support an mma block. They sign Team 3D and one other mild name star, I wanna say Morrison but he's wrapped up in lucha underground but you could find someone, and tailor am hour long show built around tour highlights, one foreigner heavy match and one match with the regulars.

If it could garner a .75 rating or above, and since it's an already produced in Japan show costs would be very low, would it be considered a success?

I've shown that Shibata/Ishii match to a few mma fan friends and they all get petty into it and keep asking if it's still that fake shot, as if yo say it looks very believable. Just a dumb thought.

Dumb question: could NJ work on American television?

Let me clarify work. Let's assume they signed on Ross and Chael for in studio, not live, commentary and found a home on FS2 or even Spike to support an mma block. They sign Team 3D and one other mild name star, I wanna say Morrison but he's wrapped up in lucha underground but you could find someone, and tailor am hour long show built around tour highlights, one foreigner heavy match and one match with the regulars.

If it could garner a .75 rating or above, and since it's an already produced in Japan show costs would be very low, would it be considered a success?

I've shown that Shibata/Ishii match to a few mma fan friends and they all get petty into it and keep asking if it's still that fake shot, as if yo say it looks very believable. Just a dumb thought.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that even WSX hovered between 1.0 and .60 so it's certainly possible. Does anyone know what kind of numbers AAA and CMLL do on the Spanish channel?

So i found this best of ric flair video on youtube (says its disc 5), you know the ones made of old vhs copies of stuff as it aired on tv. Anyway its Flair vs. David Von Erich at Star Wars 83 and both Flair and Von Erich entered to the Star Wars theme. I found that all kinds of amusing. I mean have Flair come out to the imperial march.

Still the most random (and awesome) Ric Flair theme is him entering to "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins in 87 for a match against Barry Windham on a big Florida show.

Randomly tuned into the Network, and found the 12/97 DX IYH playing. Let's talk about Brian Chistopher. What went wrong? Was the surprise overness of Too Cool just simply counterintuitive to his having long term shelf life? Dude's looking pretty fucking good here, though TAKA is amazing as usual. If he went to WCW and worked with the cruiserweights there, I wonder if he could have been a real player. Maybe he would have shined in the dying days of ECW doing pseudo-shoots against his "corporately-assigned" WWF gimmick. What do yall say?

Randomly tuned into the Network, and found the 12/97 DX IYH playing. Let's talk about Brian Chistopher. What went wrong? Was the surprise overness of Too Cool just simply counterintuitive to his having long term shelf life? Dude's looking pretty fucking good here, though TAKA is amazing as usual. If he went to WCW and worked with the cruiserweights there, I wonder if he could have been a real player. Maybe he would have shined in the dying days of ECW doing pseudo-shoots against his "corporately-assigned" WWF gimmick. What do yall say?

the problem is that they built the cruiserweight division around him. At the time, WCW's cruiser division was filled with Rey Jr., Ultimo Dragon, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, etc., etc.

Brian Christopher just isn't that impressive. especially since the announcers made a bigger deal of him "not" being Jerry Lawler's son than anything he did in the ring. He wrestled the same style as the heavyweights for the most part. nothing about him screamed superstar and wwf's cruiserweight division was never given a chance to shine anyway.

i think he could've done well in ECW tho, with a gimmick like what you suggest. he was decent enough in the ring, and could have good matches. he just was the wrong guy to center the whole division around.

• Like 1

the best part of the Randy Orton RKO thing is whenever they show "him" running like a DOOM enemy.

The ones that end with that arms up, bobblehead and derpy expression; those are the ones that kill me.