DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

If they thought the crowd had a negative reaction to Hoda and Kathy Lee......that Chrisley jackoff in front of a crowd should be grand. They'll be best to keep him in backstage pre tapes. Or throw him into an active volcano.

I've seen all those freaking commercials and I still have zero idea who this fuckin' guy is, other than the fact that I'd rather yank out a kidney then watch him and his stupid family.

For the longest time, I just assumed that it was a sitcom starring that one dude who was Terry on Reno 911.

• Like 3

One day while visiting my parents my Dad started talking up this funny new show. It was Chrisley Knows Best. He was just going on and on about how funny it was.

Signing those nursing home papers was the hardest moment of my life, but it had to be done.

• Like 14

I've never heard mention of the last Royal Rumble "rule." I know it's farfetched but could they be planting the seeds for something to happen at this year's Rumble?

Good lord, let's hope not.  Isn't the upcoming Rumble supposed to be a 40-man?

there's no way they'd do that. time constraints, if nothing else.

also, i was reminded of Harry Smith mentioning that WWE has a rule where you can't break up a pin in a tag match more than twice (i think) or risk a disqualification that, to my knowledge, has never been mentioned on air. was waiting for that to show up in the vid.

Dean Ambrose actually brought up the save rule for tag matches once while doing guest commentary on a Shield match, though I don't recall who against. He didn't explain it or anything, just said something about the other team using up their saves when they broke up a pin.

I remember that break up a tag rule in some territories as well, though it was once.   Never saw anyone actually DQed on it.

As a rule it makes sense by pro-wrestling logic, otherwise why not just break it up every time?

I like my wrestling to have a logic to it, so I'm all for most rules being enforced.  (I'm ok with punching being legal now though- I'd make an exception that if you punch like RVD or worse, it's an instant DQ)

I kinda hope Batista comes back just in time to win the Royal Rumble for a second straight year. The outrage would be incredible.

I figured they had Paige declare she was single on Twitter to get him to come back......

They're hedging their bets because that might get Punk back as well.

• Like 1

First time I seen that rule play out was Smoking Gunns vs 1-2-3 Kid/Razor Ramon, where Ramon saved Kid 3 times from a pin and got DQed.

Wish they would put this rule in the video game. 6 man tags are almost impossible to play.

I've seen some great indy tags, but a lot of them kind of devolve into a tornado tag so that there's a ton of saves.

I'd love to see the 3 save rule played up just for a change of pace. There's so much drama to be had there with a partner staring helplessly as his opponent is lying on the mat and they're out of saves. You could have heel tag champs that just keep saving until the DQ leading to a no-Dq match. But the whole time they can run there mouth saying they were never pinned or submitted. Which might be preferable than the usual non-title challengers win to set up a title match bullshit.