DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

And he half asses it with good reason. Why should he give a real effort, when the writers don't. You give him something good and he produces good work. You give him shit and he gives it back.

That's always the attitude that leads to success in wrestling. "I'll just wait here until someone hands me something I like."

Not that you should switch from a Wyatt Family promo, but UWF is on ESPNC right now and Dr. Death just squashed a jobber named...

Davey Meltzer.

There's a "Wade Keller" match at some point too.

And he half asses it with good reason. Why should he give a real effort, when the writers don't. You give him something good and he produces good work. You give him shit and he gives it back.  

They were pushing him big back around Mania and he got a DWI.  Go team Swagger!

• Like 1

And he half asses it with good reason. Why should he give a real effort, when the writers don't. You give him something good and he produces good work. You give him shit and he gives it back.  

Guys who often half-ass it if they aren't booked to win matches probably shouldn't be given a strong push just to keep them happy. 

I actually think WWE has it right in pulling back on pushes on younger wrestlers and seeing how they react (and how the crowd reacts).  There are some exceptions when you just need to strap a rocket to the back of a possibly underdeserving wrestler due to a unique alignment of circumstances, but trying to make sure that you only hand out prime spots on the card to performers who will be company guys isn't a bad idea.

It is not just winning matches. It is when you are consistently booked like a jobber. There is a distinct difference.  

I actually think WWE has it right in pulling back on pushes on younger wrestlers and seeing how they react (and how the crowd reacts). 

So you think creating a roster full of jobbers is a good idea. 

It is not just winning matches. It is when you are consistently booked like a jobber. There is a distinct difference.  

I actually think WWE has it right in pulling back on pushes on younger wrestlers and seeing how they react (and how the crowd reacts). 

Well obviously Vince has no problem with emasculating the entire roster so HHH can masturbate his ego all over TV. Or am I still not allowed to say how much I hate the way D-Bry is being booked?

• Like 1

And he half asses it with good reason. Why should he give a real effort, when the writers don't.You give him something good and he produces good work. You give him shit and he gives it back. 

That's always the attitude that leads to success in wrestling. "I'll just wait here until someone hands me something I like."

He has no obligation to break his neck getting over shit.  

I think letting wrestlers lose feuds is better than 50-50 booking.

• Like 1

And he half asses it with good reason. Why should he give a real effort, when the writers don't.You give him something good and he produces good work. You give him shit and he gives it back.

He has no obligation to break his neck getting over shit.
And they're under no obligation to give him anything when he track record is that he's not worth a shit. It's time to cut Swagger loose.