DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Who's the more awful wrestling blogger? The Masked Man or Brandon over at With Leather?

I can't believe he's still trying to work the reality angle that stemmed from the Punk promo, which was over TWO YEARS ago.

The Masked Man falls into the whole Grantland Overwrites Everything trap. His stuff's interesting a lot of times but it gets a bit long-winded. His past two interviews w/ Bryan and HHH were really good, though.

I like Stroud. It's a fun read and he has the right opinions in terms of how women should be treated on air and the like. I don't get everyone's hate.My favorite wrestling stuff to read: I've been friends w/ Holzerman from The Wrestling Blog forever and he does great stuff. (I actually wrote a column for him this week that saw its genesis from a post on here.) I also really like anytime The Classical (best sports website in the world) writes about wrestling. They've got a guy Nick Bond who is terrific and just started up a wrestling-specific site called JuiceMakesSugar.com.

• Like 4

SoCal Val is apprently gone from TNA. I like her, she's gorgeous. But I'm not really sure what they got from her that Christy Hemme doesn't provide.

Maybe it's just me, but I wish they'd released Christy and kept Val.

Hemme's at least a decent ring announcer. I'm not sure what Val was good at.

To steal something said in another discussion, "I'm such a child."

Posted Image

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/luther-ward-bio

This dude looks like Rutger Hauer. I demand a Roy Batty gimmick.

Another post where the avatar makes the post even better ...

Also, ahem ... "Hobo with a Shotgun" ...

Chris Hobo

Ohno Hobo

Hobo Hero?!  Hobos?!  Ohnoes!

The Big Shobo

Hobo Dallas

My God guys! This reminds me of Butch Doink, Luke Doink, Mo Doink and Mabel Doink.

Big SHobo is right there.

I can't believe no one has mentioned up and coming superstar HoBo Dallas.

I think Simmons and The Masked Man should do a weekly podcast on grantland about wrestling. Working titles include 'How many times can we misuse the word postmodern?' and 'This podcast was designed to make JR die from alcohol poisoning'.

Damnit! Does nobody read my posts? :(

• Like 2

Posted Image

Maybe it's the similar contacts, but he looks like a super young Kane.

Give Joey six months and he will look totally different. Never encountered a wrestler who could shift shape like him.

I looked him up because - for some reason, ungodly as it was - I thought you might have been saying he was Joey Mercury (back off me, okay, it's been a long day ...), and I found that he wrestled a tag match against the team of ... Marty Jannetty and Sabu.

Marty Jannetty and Sabu.

Justin Shape is almost as good as my character Justin Continent

Justin Shape is a pretty fun local comedy/character wrestler.

Was surprised Luther Ward/Joey Cabray/OMEN was signed. Had him pegged as your most solid local worker who will never get signed type even though he is/was better regarded in the industry than that. For example back when mainland Europe was booming Wrestling wise he was the only non-North American Rob Van Dam would let wrestle him.

Posted Image

Maybe it's the similar contacts, but he looks like a super young Kane.

Give Joey six months and he will look totally different. Never encountered a wrestler who could shift shape like him.

He looks like when Conan used to do "If they had a baby" with Kane and Punk.

It's Legends of Wrestling night at Marlins Park, featuring Bret and Goldberg, among others.

And if anyone knows what a stiff kick to the head feels like, it's Marlins fans.Alternate Joke: Jeff Loria= The original Montreal Screwjob.
  • Like 1