DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I don't know if the stink of indifference can be removed from Morgan.

Let it play out and see where it goes.

It's been 10 years. It's pretty much gone. 

It'd totally be different this time, just watch.

Former WWE ref Jimmy Korderas had his first match recently and below are some of the highlights.  (Warning: if you lack a sense of humor, you probably won't want to watch.) 

This video is amazing and had me rolling. The small crowd was hot for everything too. If I were there live I would have popped for the DX People's Elbow!

Was Hawk ever as remotely 'roided up as Ultimah Woiyah? I mean maybe in the mid-eighties but certainly not by the time they did finally show up in the WWF. Timeline and career trajectories don't work for anything close to Hogan/Hawk going down at WM VI instead of Hogan/Woiyah obviously. But much like Hogan/Nikita being a perfect feud that never happened, it's fun to consider the Road Warriors fucking up goody two shoes Hogan like they did Dusty anytime between '87-'89.

Even though Hogan never would've went for it, Hawk was one of the few guys credibly monstrous and badass enough to put over Hogan years before Woiyah where as long as Hogan got his win back the yellow and red bullshitter's veneer of "immortality" isn't blown at all and it's not like Hawk could've done less after winning the prestigious "being Hulk Hogan title" than Woiyah did.

Former WWE ref Jimmy Korderas had his first match recently and below are some of the highlights.  (Warning: if you lack a sense of humor, you probably won't want to watch.)

Jimmy Korderas is now my favorite wrestler.

Was Hawk ever as remotely 'roided up as Ultimah Woiyah? 

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

As ridiculously cut up and veins-a-poppin' though?

Hawk had more of the powerlifter look, while Ultimate Warrior had more of the pro bodybuilder look.

They both took a crazy amount of roids for sure, but Warrior was probably a nut about his diet, and Hawk probably lived off steaks and beer.

Absolutely.

Hawk had more of the powerlifter look, while Ultimate Warrior had more of the pro bodybuilder look.

They both took a crazy amount of roids for sure, but Warrior was probably a nut about his diet, and Hawk probably lived off steaks and beer.

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was going for. You nailed it. Woiy.....ahem.....Warrior, because of his smaller frame, also looked more ridiculous and veiny than naturally much bigger framed Hogan. So I'm not sure Hawk was freakishly cut up enough like Woiy....Warrior (a different enough looking kind of... or wholly more impressive steroid freak than Hogan)  that he would've ever whet Vince's big man appetite enough to actually put him over Hogan like he did with Woiy....Warrior.

Would it be a great dick move if HHH tried to hand Daniel Bryan a newly re-instated cruiserweight title and appoint him as the new champion?  Then book him in a match against the last champion?

This could really work if HHH hypes up the match between the last champ and Daniel Bryan and how we'll finally get to see who the true cruiserweight champ is, only to bring out the last champion... Hornswoggle.

Jae is just a two star moderator, which consists of jobbing to Rippa in three minutes and Rippa sells NOTHING.

It's only three minutes if you include our theme music and intros. Otherwise...pretty accurate.

A day off of this board is near overwhelming to keep up with. Mods, you have my respect.

Anyway! Andre is fantastic in this.

That was nice, much more enjoyable than the last Andre/Inoki match I watched a few years back as Inoki was more giving here.

Absolutely.

Roids usually have little to do with definition. That is primarily diet.

• Like 1