DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'd actually be fine with Valentine as is, especially when he incorporates fat-boy offense like stepping on a guy's back on his way to a tag. But it's pretty obvious he's not just being methodical - he doesn't have the energy to move.

• Like 1

I'm so disappointed that the Kane/Wyatt 'Ring Of Fire Match' is just an 'Inferno Match' instead of a match where the winner is the first man to beat his opponent down long enough in order to get to the stage and successfully sing the entire Johnny Cash song.

I'm more disappointed than when I found out that a 'Chair Match' wasn't going to be a match where the winner was the first man to sit in the chair.

---

Monday Night War Games

Team WCW:  Sting, Goldberg, Bunkhouse Buck, Barbarian, THE MONSTER MENG!

vs.

Team WWF:  Austin, Undertaker, Bradshaw, Faarooq, Vince McMahon?

Vince McMahon originally annouces The Rock for Team WWF but Colonel Robert Parker tricks McMahon into putting himself into the match instead.  Dick Slater is originally announced for Team WCW but McMahon has him taken out in response to the Colonel tricking him.  Team WCW responds by announcing Goldberg as Slater's replacement.

And Robocop and Chuck Norris are the neutral cageside enforcers to keep both companies from trying any shenanigans.

• Like 2

Does anyone remember a spot Brutus Beefcake (among others) did in the 80's?  He would get his opponent's head between his legs, as though he were setting up for a piledriver or power bomb, but then he would just jump up once and the guy would take a bump. Monsoon always said it was the opponent "getting his bell rung" but surely the move must've had a name, right?

Note: Anyone who says the "Bellringer" is dead to me.

Andre did that move to Inoki in a match I watched ages ago, and it looked pretty damn awesome. When he'd do it. I actually wish Big Show would add it to the arsenal and nail Cena with it a few dozen times.

i remember Monsoon calling it the Head Knocker one time when Andre used it, so thats what i've called it since

and no WCW jobber team is complete without Renegade, Jim Powers, and Joe Gomez. and if you want a luchador, there's always Lizmark Jr.

I'd actually be fine with Valentine as is, especially when he incorporates fat-boy offense like stepping on a guy's back on his way to a tag. But it's pretty obvious he's not just being methodical - he doesn't have the energy to move.

He did manage to drop some pretty sweet elbows though. At first glance though I was wondering when Takeshi Morishima came back to America and why did he bleach his hair. It's sad to see The Hammer with out his robe when coming down to the ring. There just aren't enough swank robes in wrestling anymore.

So last night I had a dream in which I was interviewing Vince, and the question I asked him was if there had been a War Games match during the Monday Night Wars pitting WCW against WWF, who would Vince have put on the WWF team? I woke up and decided this question was awesome, so I pose it to the board. I eagerly await Ben's post telling me how the Stud Stable will be involved. 

Also I should note that in my dream, after I asked this question, Vince punched me in the mouth for "asking a fucking hypothetical". 

It's the "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MON-NAY" Match-Up:

(1)Austin (2)Rock (3)HBK (4)Undertaker (5)McMahon

vs.

(1)Goldberg (2)Hogan (3)Bret (4)Giant (5)Bischoff

This would be the only match on the card.

The ego trips, in-fighting and backstage politicking would fill the prior two hours of the PPV, as well as eight weeks of an HBO 24/7 build.

Does anyone remember a spot Brutus Beefcake (among others) did in the 80's?  He would get his opponent's head between his legs, as though he were setting up for a piledriver or power bomb, but then he would just jump up once and the guy would take a bump. Monsoon always said it was the opponent "getting his bell rung" but surely the move must've had a name, right?

So you tap a guy on the back of his head with your penis and he is driven into the ground?

• Like 1

So you tap a guy on the back of his head with your penis and he is driven into the ground?

IIRC the guy taking the move usually did a back bump.  But yeah, the penis thing is pretty accurate.

Nasty Boys were pretty much always fine in their role over the years but the Road Warriors are the goddamn Road Warriors. It isnt always about match quality or whatever, some people are just special and Roadies were special.

• Like 1

On acclaim's ECW Hardcore Revolution video game, it was called "Leg Scissor Stomp"

Nasty Boys were pretty much always fine in their role over the years but the Road Warriors are the goddamn Road Warriors. It isnt always about match quality or whatever, some people are just special and Roadies were special.

So, basically the Ultime Warrior of Tag-Teams?