DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Forgive me a brief aside:How could WWE put out their Attitude era set and not include a montage or some other retrospective on all the instances of Jacqueline's titties popping out by "accident?"Missed. Opportunity.

The Evening Gown Match on RAW, with Sable.

That PPV in the UK.

Sable at Fully Loaded (hand paint).

All those random crowd shots during DX segments.

Miss Kitty at (I'm not even going to attempt to spell it like whatever weird way WWF used to) Armageddon.

Mae Young's prosthetics at Royal Rumble.

'The Comp of Sleaze and Shame'

• Like 1

Whenever I think about what they should do next booking wise, my answer is always "they should make a faction!" it's what I thought they should do with Punk/Lesnar/Shield at Mania. It's what I think they should have done with Ziggler finally cashing in before that (with Flair turning on Miz, etc). I kind of think they should do that with Orton/Shield now (playing up the fact that the Shield wanted "justice" right up until they ended up in the suits as the new Vince-backed Evolution).  I'm not sure what this says about me. I think it's that i grew up with the Dangerous Alliance or something.

The Shield have already been established as willing to be hired guns with the Punk angle.

Not to bring up an old topic but I just wanted to point out what an enormous MARK Tommaso Ciampa is for watching a wrestling show that's not his own and enjoying it: 

Tommaso Ciampa @ProjectCiampa Went back to watch the Cena/Bryan segment from last night. Amazing job selling a match and an event.7:23 AM - 13 Aug 2013

I bet he even has a Ribera jacket.And screw sending one to the March Madness winner. We need to send one to the March Madness Pick 'Em winner.

Fuck yes. I am fully on board with this, and after I win, I will post pictures of myself wearing that fantastic jacket.

Hey all, as some of you may know the man who performs as Necro Butcher was badly injured recently. Necro is probably the nicest man I have ever met through pro wrestling, he is a just a really good dude on top of a great performer... This link  https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/sfw2/dylan-summers-medical-expenses?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_share_stream.share&utm_campaign=dashboard_overview_T1&fb_ref=1258351   is a fundraiser for his medical expenses. If any of you can spare anything, please do not hesitate. He gives 100% all the time to pro wrestling and is a very nice, humble guy. Thanks.

Whenever I think about what they should do next booking wise, my answer is always "they should make a faction!" it's what I thought they should do with Punk/Lesnar/Shield at Mania. It's what I think they should have done with Ziggler finally cashing in before that (with Flair turning on Miz, etc). I kind of think they should do that with Orton/Shield now (playing up the fact that the Shield wanted "justice" right up until they ended up in the suits as the new Vince-backed Evolution).  I'm not sure what this says about me. I think it's that i grew up with the Dangerous Alliance or something.

The Shield have already been established as willing to be hired guns with the Punk angle.

There was also an element of them helping Punk due to some anti-traditional WWE sort of thing. Indy Solidarity or what not. Righting the traditional wrongs of the WWE system, etc. Them totally selling out and going corporate would be different than drinking Heyman's kool aid.

Hey all, as some of you may know the man who performs as Necro Butcher was badly injured recently. Necro is probably the nicest man I have ever met through pro wrestling, he is a just a really good dude on top of a great performer... This link  https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/sfw2/dylan-summers-medical-expenses?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_share_stream.share&utm_campaign=dashboard_overview_T1&fb_ref=1258351   is a fundraiser for his medical expenses. If any of you can spare anything, please do not hesitate. He gives 100% all the time to pro wrestling and is a very nice, humble guy. Thanks.

Unless ICP is covering a bulk of the medical cost (which is very possible), they should be asking for more than $1000.

Should there even be a place in wrestling for the "smaller" guys?  From what I've read, those kind of people lack credibility and only serve to tank the ratings when they're on TV, so maybe the business should just do away with anyone below a certain height and/or weight.

• Like 1

Should there even be a place in wrestling for the "smaller" guys?  From what I've read, those kind of people lack credibility and only serve to tank the ratings when they're on TV, so maybe the business should just do away with anyone below a certain height and/or weight.

That's what squash matches are for.

The Manziel family's connection to pro wrestling, via Deadspin:

Bobby Joe Manziel, Joe's son and Johnny Football's great-grandfather3, worked a few angles of his own. He was variously a boxer ("The Syrian Kid"), a promoter, and a writer. In 1927, he was accused of fixing a professional wrestling bout between Greek heavyweight champion Jim Londos and Russian titleholder Count Ivan Zarynoff.4 The scandal cost him his license to promote fights in Louisiana.

The Manziel family's connection to pro wrestling, via Deadspin:

Bobby Joe Manziel, Joe's son and Johnny Football's great-grandfather3, worked a few angles of his own. He was variously a boxer ("The Syrian Kid"), a promoter, and a writer. In 1927, he was accused of fixing a professional wrestling bout between Greek heavyweight champion Jim Londos and Russian titleholder Count Ivan Zarynoff.4 The scandal cost him his license to promote fights in Louisiana.

I'm reasonably certain that worked matches in wrestling were (at the very least) not uncommon by 1927.

Last Saturday, Kahagas wrestled on Booker T's Reality Of Wrestling card. This was the second time I'd seen him wrestle here in Houston, with the first being this past April at the Paul Boesch tribute show. Both times I thought he was pretty awful. He wasn't working with name guys (Saturday may have been his opponent's first pro match, in fact, since most of the guys on the ROW cards are Booker's students), so I don't know if he's better with skilled opponents, or just a shit wrestler. Has anyone else seen much of his work? 

Watching "Best of Nitro" vol. 2, and what a harsh reminder of how ... just ... the depths of foul judgment lies just out my grasp ... to describe how awful Zybysko is in booth. It seems as if every match he's on, he's on about the "human game of chess," as opposed to the "robot game of chess" or the game of human chess (which is what I assume he really means ... ass).