DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Davey Richards in an Ironman scaffold match. He only plans on getting thrown off four times because even he thinks that being pushed off the scaffold five times and still competing would be ridiculous.

Y'know, I liked this the minute I saw it, but my good god, I LIKED this.

Davey Richards in an Ironman scaffold match. He only plans on getting thrown off four times because even he thinks that being pushed off the scaffold five times and still competing would be ridiculous.

Y'know, I liked this the minute I saw it, but my good god, I LIKED this.

Forget asses in the seats.  Davey RIchards excels in the new most important metric for career success. 

He generates more "likes" on this board than anyone else.

Ron Perlman is a distant second but for opposite reasons.

• Like 2

I feel like certain people in the WWE read these boards and are doing some early March Madness campaigning. First Mark Henry giant swung a guy into something, since it worked so well for Cesaro last year. Now Cesaro is trying to steal Aries' cape heat.

Forgive me a brief aside:

How could WWE put out their Attitude era set and not include a montage or some other retrospective on all the instances of Jacqueline's titties popping out by "accident?"

Missed. Opportunity.

• Like 3

I feel like certain people in the WWE read these boards and are doing some early March Madness campaigning. First Mark Henry giant swung a guy into something, since it worked so well for Cesaro last year. Now Cesaro is trying to steal Aries' cape heat.

2 years ago, nearly everytime I embedded a video of WWE guy the video would get pulled at their request in 48 hrs. Just long enough to cast a vote. So I figured someone was participating and then after a poll would close they'd act like they were doing their job.Oh how I wish the'd pull people posting recordings of their WWE video game matches instead. That shit is the running for most annoying part of March Madness. So many fucking video game matches.
  • Like 4

Calling it now. 

If John Cena hits a missile dropkick at Summerslam, he's winning March Madness over Bryan.

Let's wrap this whole thread in a neat little bow and declare now that whoever wins the March Madness pool gets a Ribera replica jacket.

• Like 3

Let's wrap this whole thread in a neat little bow and declare now that whoever wins the March Madness pool gets a Ribera replica jacket.

Ewwwwww you're a mark. Get it away get it away!
  • Like 1

Not even the best wrestling candidate

Mark V. Anderson is running for mayor on the “Simplify Government” ticket. Meanwhile, Abdul M. Rahaman (“The Rock”) lists his party as “We the People…,” and Edmund Bernard Bruyere is running under the “Legacy-next generation” banner.

And let’s end this list the way the alphabet ends: Christopher Robin Zimmerman is running for mayor as a Libertarian candidate.

Calling it now. 

If John Cena hits a missile dropkick at Summerslam, he's winning March Madness over Bryan.

Posted Image

I have no idea why I sat and watched this gif roughly 4 dozen times before scrolling past it.  I know this adds nothing to the conversation, but goddamn, it mesmerized me for some reason. 

Not to bring up an old topic but I just wanted to point out what an enormous MARK Tommaso Ciampa is for watching a wrestling show that's not his own and enjoying it: 

Tommaso Ciampa @ProjectCiampa Went back to watch the Cena/Bryan segment from last night. Amazing job selling a match and an event.7:23 AM - 13 Aug 2013

I bet he even has a Ribera jacket.And screw sending one to the March Madness winner. We need to send one to the March Madness Pick 'Em winner.

Whenever I think about what they should do next booking wise, my answer is always "they should make a faction!" it's what I thought they should do with Punk/Lesnar/Shield at Mania. It's what I think they should have done with Ziggler finally cashing in before that (with Flair turning on Miz, etc). I kind of think they should do that with Orton/Shield now (playing up the fact that the Shield wanted "justice" right up until they ended up in the suits as the new Vince-backed Evolution). 

I'm not sure what this says about me. I think it's that i grew up with the Dangerous Alliance or something.

• Like 3