DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Maybe I'm on the isle out by myself but I could really go for a Batista return right about now. As either a heel or a face. I think he has gas left in the tank, he's over & he could freshen up the top of the card with some people like Sheamus & Cena out.

Maybe I'm on the isle out by myself but I could really go for a Batista return right about now. As either a heel or a face. I think he has gas left in the tank, he's over & he could freshen up the top of the card with some people like Sheamus & Cena out.

No, you're not alone, but he's going to be busy for a while doing the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, so he probably couldn't start until Cena and Sheamus got back anyway.

The return of Hollywood Batista as a roadblock for Bryan would be amazing.

I read this as "The Return of Hollywood Blondes" for some reason, and I was all prepared to get behind Zombie Brian Pillman vs. Daniel Bryan. 

So, I am only sharing this because only the readers of DVDR will appreciate wrestling related dreams...

Picture it:

Royal Rumble 2014, the ring is decently full of a mix of guys and the legend was GoldDust.  There have been some other rumors about a Cena return, but he is throwing out red herring tweets.   Zach Ryder also tweeted about an "ultimate suprise."

#28 is about to come in, and the Ultimate Warriors music hits, and its Zach doin his ultimate broski routine. He runs around the ring, does the rope shake, hits the clotheslines, does the splash and is doing the press motion.

The countdown to #29 starts, and The Ultimate Warriors music hits AGAIN and its really Warrior, he comes in, and clears house, and him and Zach team up to toss out one of the bigger guys (kane/bigshow/khali), then do poses before the count down to #30 starts, and its Cena (naturally) making his return. Bryan, who has been in since #1, and goes on to break Kane's record of elimantions, with the final 4 being both Warrior's, Bryan, and Cena, with Bryan eliminating the Warrior's and Cena.

Was doing laundry in my building and I could hear through the walls Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura doing commentary. Macho Man's music hit. I thought I was dreaming, but my neighbors are apparently watching old wrestling with the volume turned up downstairs.

Thinking about knocking on their door and yelling "OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAH DIG IT!" but since the only reason I knew about it was because I could hear it through the walls, I feel like I might be perceived as a creep. But it's Macho Man, and our possible comraderie over Randy Savage would probably outweigh potential creepiness, right?

• Like 6

After watching Titus O'Neil on Main Event tonight, I'm now convinced that with a little more seasoning, and if he can work out some of his awkwardness and stay healthy, he's got a chance to really do something big in the "E".

Was doing laundry in my building and I could hear through the walls Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura doing commentary. Macho Man's music hit. I thought I was dreaming, but my neighbors are apparently watching old wrestling with the volume turned up downstairs.

Thinking about knocking on their door and yelling "OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAH DIG IT!" but since the only reason I knew about it was because I could hear it through the walls, I feel like I might be perceived as a creep. But it's Macho Man, and our possible comraderie over Randy Savage would probably outweigh potential creepiness, right?

It'd only work if you enacted a portion of this promo with them.

Finishing with "NO MORE QUESTIONS" is imperative.

• Like 3

Rebecca Knox has been re-named to "Becky Lynch" and then promptly tweeted, "Join the Lynch mob."

Somebody didn't think this through.

Obviously, she's just paying homage to rappers Da Lench Mob.

(voodoo, runnin' from my magic)

The return of Hollywood Batista as a roadblock for Bryan would be amazing.

See, I was thinking that the guy who beat Bryan in 18 seconds would be a logical choice for HHH to recruit. And a heel turn wouldn't do Sheamus any harm at this point.

I understand the arguments for Christian: Wily, Grizzled Vet. And that very well might be his gimmick right now.

But isn't every Attitude era hold-over treated that way? Jericho, Henry, Kane, 'Taker, and Big Show all get the same sort of mentions on commentary, but they all have other attributes to round them out. Jericho is a ROCKSTAR, Henry is The World's Strongest Man, Kane is The Devil's Favorite Demon, Undertaker is supernatural, and Big Show is a giant who will punch you out.

So, totally, Christian is packaged as a wily, grizzled vet to a certain extent. But so are a lot of guys. There is still nothing there which specifically connects Christian to the crowd.

And it's a shame because he IS so good in the ring and wrestles smart matches. They just can't seem to package that into a real character or gimmick.

Hahaha!  "... as a wiwy, grrrrrizzled vetwan ... *ruff* ..." hahahaha .... aheh, heh, hmmm ...

Edit: Please bear with me ... long day at work ...

NEWZ!!~!!

All signs point to Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards no longer being under contract to Ring of Honor. Both men are expected to be at the WWE Performance Center in September for another weekend-long talent evaluation camp.

Posted Image

Am I the only person who thinks that the WWE style would be good for both of those guys?  Both guys are pretty good in the ring when they aren't doing goofy shit like they are in the above .gif, and that shit would be cut out pretty quick as soon as they signed.  They just seem like guys who were given carte blanche to do whatever they want, and had zero ability to edit themselves. 

Did Savage really call out Scott and Shawn for going over their allotted time at WM X?

Randy, rest in peace, but.... ladder match >>>>> 8 man tag match.

I kind of disagree with this but does anyone know if the guys in the ten man tag still got their Mania bonus or not?

Did Savage really call out Scott and Shawn for going over their allotted time at WM X?

Randy, rest in peace, but.... ladder match >>>>> 8 man tag match.

I kind of disagree with this but does anyone know if the guys in the ten man tag still got their Mania bonus or not?

Bob Holly said he was screwed out of his WMX payday in his book, and since he pretty much listed exact amounts he was paid for the PPVs he wrestled and didn't say a word about what he made for WMX, I would guess they didn't get a bonus.

And the Savage story is also in his book and Hall has confirmed it in the past, so apparently it did happen.

So Sami Callihan finally got his new name: Solomon Crowe.

Well...  At least the initials are the same.

I hope this means he'll be getting a GOT gimmick, and Rebecca Knox will be telling him every week "You know nothing Solomon Crowe".