DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

NEWZ!!~!!

All signs point to Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards no longer being under contract to Ring of Honor. Both men are expected to be at the WWE Performance Center in September for another weekend-long talent evaluation camp.

Posted Image

Didn't they just win the ROH tag titles, too?!

NEWZ!!~!!

All signs point to Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards no longer being under contract to Ring of Honor. Both men are expected to be at the WWE Performance Center in September for another weekend-long talent evaluation camp.

Posted Image

Didn't they just win the ROH tag titles, too?!

They lost them in their first defense.

Davey should bring Kozina with him so he'll have someone to yell "Respect!" during his tryout.  And who knows, maybe Kozina can talk HHH into bringing back the minis division.

Maybe we can get Mascarita Dorado and Los Matadores vs Davey Richards and the Real Americans,

• Like 2

I understand the arguments for Christian: Wily, Grizzled Vet. And that very well might be his gimmick right now.

But isn't every Attitude era hold-over treated that way? Jericho, Henry, Kane, 'Taker, and Big Show all get the same sort of mentions on commentary, but they all have other attributes to round them out. Jericho is a ROCKSTAR, Henry is The World's Strongest Man, Kane is The Devil's Favorite Demon, Undertaker is supernatural, and Big Show is a giant who will punch you out.

So, totally, Christian is packaged as a wily, grizzled vet to a certain extent. But so are a lot of guys. There is still nothing there which specifically connects Christian to the crowd.

And it's a shame because he IS so good in the ring and wrestles smart matches. They just can't seem to package that into a real character or gimmick.

I wish they would just allow Orton to take back the theme he originally wanted, which Vince thought was "death metal," and which they promptly turned around and gave to Punk.

http://youtu.be/2GSdDtURDRQ

Vince calling that death metal is like my mom calling Siouxsie and the Banshees "heavy iron" back in the day. Close but nooooot quite...

As far as I can tell, the only WWE personnel to have tweeted about the anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" speech are David Otunga and Ezekiel Jackson.  What would make you sadder, if no one else mentioned it, if only other black wrestlers mentioned it, or if Stephanie MacMahon became the only other person to tweet about it?

#notpolitics

Every attitude era holdover may be mentioned as a vet but it is not the center of their persona.

Christian is a guy who doesn't look the way he used to. He used to be a fairly jacked long haired pretty boy. Now, he looks old. He looks scrawny.  He looks like he's barely holding on and his next match might be his last.

His motivations (one last chance at the top) and his persona are pretty simple, consistent and more complete and fleshed out than most of the roster.  

Vince is not a fan of Metal. I think that's what disappoints him about Orton(along with his Tattoos, and his shitty mic skills), and why he went with Cena as his face of the company.

Think you nailed it on the head. Can we also add that Orton has a thing for wearing black t-shirts. You can only market so many black t-shirts with a snake on it. On the other hand, you could put Cena in hot pink, turquoise, powder blue, etc. The t-shirt marketing possibilities are essentially endless.

As long as WWE is re-hasing early-to-mid 90's gimmicks, the Wolves need to be the new Well Dunn.

I can... kind of get behind this. But only if Generico and Pac are the Heavenly Bodies.

• Like 1

For Generico, I want someone to show Vince the movie NEWSIES so Generico can be a 1920's singing paperboy.

If they want Edwards as a heel but not Well or Dunn, they should give him a "TAWMY FROM QUINZEE" gimmick. He'll be a face in Boston and a heat magnet everywhere else.