DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

If i'm going to buy Christina as the grizzled vet, he needs to drop his jump over the top rope to the OUTSIDE OF THE RING to punch a dude move. That's the only thing he is doing these days that I hate, and it doesn't seem like a VET move to me.

If i'm going to buy Christina as the grizzled vet, he needs to drop his jump over the top rope to the OUTSIDE OF THE RING to punch a dude move. That's the only thing he is doing these days that I hate, and it doesn't seem like a VET move to me.

I love that move. If you're leaning on the ropes like that, you'd never expect to get punched in the jaw by a dude who was just behind you a few seconds ago.

I love that move. If you're leaning on the ropes like that, you'd never expect to get punched in the jaw by a dude who was just behind you a few seconds ago.

Unless you watched Christian wrestle before hand. This actually makes a bigger case for Christian, wily grizzle vechren. Every time he does that move he's showing how little these punks on the roster study tapes of their opponents. Stop playing WWE2k13 and get your ass in the tape room, and learn some shit. Wrestling Mysterio? Watch his matches with Jericho to learn how to properly counter a 619. Wrestling the Undertaker? Watch his matches with Triple H and Mankind to learn some weaknesses. Wrestling Sin Cara? Just stand aside, he'll break something on his own.

• Like 6

Dolph is the Kerri Russell of pro wrestling.

In that case, what would be Dolph's match equivalent of "Running Wilde," a surprisingly delightful show that could not possibly live up to fan expectations?

Unless you watched Christian wrestle before hand. This actually makes a bigger case for Christian, wily grizzle vechren. Every time he does that move he's showing how little these punks on the roster study tapes of their opponents. Stop playing WWE2k13 and get your ass in the tape room, and learn some shit. Wrestling Mysterio? Watch his matches with Jericho to learn how to properly counter a 619. Wrestling the Undertaker? Watch his matches with Triple H and Mankind to learn some weaknesses. Wrestling Sin Cara? Just stand aside, he'll break something on his own.

That also shows in Christian's ability to counter everything. He knows what's coming and knows how to use it against you. The only time that doesn't work out is when he's too hurt to do that. The Randy match on Raw was perfect; he got thumbed in the eye and couldn't see. There's no way to counter the RKO when you're blinded. The same thing happened in the ADR match. He saw they were at a virtual draw and went for his finisher. He would have won the match but his arm was too hurt to seal the deal and he had to tap as a result.Christian: The Ultimate Thinking Man's Wrestler.

I haven't been paying much attention to his entrance pops but the crowds are consistently into all of his matches. That's more than what can be said about most wrestlers. And I wouldn't take too much stock in who some of these crowds pop for. Last night half the Phoenix crowd popped pretty hard for Orton when he first came out and the cameras had to pan away and turn down the volume.

Brings up a question I had: are they gonna change Orton's music? Because that song is always gonna get a pop.

They'd never do it, but I always thought that "HEY! nothing you can SAY!" was great smarmy bastard music.

That would be unbelievable if they changed Orton's music back to that. The change to Voices properly reflected his change in attitude back in 2007, but now he is back to being HHH's chosen one and is more arrogant then psychotic (and I think could allow of an awesome reaction if/when he turns face again and Voices hits).

Unfortunately Orton did an interview last year where he said he absolutely despised that song from the moment he heard it and was glad he finally got a new theme.

Wasn't he slated to have Punk's original WWE music at one point? (NEVERMIND, someone else already mentioned this)

I can't decide what I want more: Bringing back Tough Enough so that Davey has to take wrestling advice from Trish Stratus and get yelled at by Steve Austin, or the WWE to steal my idea and give Davey a Rodney Dangerfield tribute gimmick where he talks about getting no respect and does the Triple Lindy as his finisher. 

• Like 1

Rebecca Knox has been re-named to "Becky Lynch" and then promptly tweeted, "Join the Lynch mob."

Somebody didn't think this through.

Eh, it's been done. Dokken's guitarist George Lynch has a band named the same thing.

• Like 2