DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I don't think NJPW does pay anything like the same as WWE pays their top guys. But for Devitt, he's a fairly top guy in NJPW, and he has to have serious doubts about how he'd be pushed in WWE. He should stay put unless WWE are offering him a decent downside guarantee.

I haven't been paying much attention to his entrance pops but the crowds are consistently into all of his matches. That's more than what can be said about most wrestlers. And I wouldn't take too much stock in who some of these crowds pop for. Last night half the Phoenix crowd popped pretty hard for Orton when he first came out and the cameras had to pan away and turn down the volume.

Brings up a question I had: are they gonna change Orton's music? Because that song is always gonna get a pop.

They'd never do it, but I always thought that "HEY! nothing you can SAY!" was great smarmy bastard music.

I haven't been paying much attention to his entrance pops but the crowds are consistently into all of his matches. That's more than what can be said about most wrestlers. And I wouldn't take too much stock in who some of these crowds pop for. Last night half the Phoenix crowd popped pretty hard for Orton when he first came out and the cameras had to pan away and turn down the volume.

Brings up a question I had: are they gonna change Orton's music? Because that song is always gonna get a pop.

They'd never do it, but I always thought that "HEY! nothing you can SAY!" was great smarmy bastard music.

That would be unbelievable if they changed Orton's music back to that. The change to Voices properly reflected his change in attitude back in 2007, but now he is back to being HHH's chosen one and is more arrogant then psychotic (and I think could allow of an awesome reaction if/when he turns face again and Voices hits).

Interesting BS report up right now with The Masked Man.  Kind of cool to get a mix of perspectives on everything (casual fan and super smark is an interesting combo), but they both agree that the company is looking up.

Bill's kid apparently just got into wrestling, which probably means more wrestling content on Grantland!  

Interesting BS report up right now with The Masked Man.  Kind of cool to get a mix of perspectives on everything (casual fan and super smark is an interesting combo), but they both agree that the company is looking up.

Thanks for the heads up. Shoemaker's book looks interesting too.

IF NJPW produced a show in English for Singapore, would there be a cable channel in the U.S. willing to put it on for free for whatever rating it would probably do? I thought G-4 would be perfect, but G-4's not going to be around for much longer.

IF NJPW produced a show in English for Singapore, would there be a cable channel in the U.S. willing to put it on for free for whatever rating it would probably do? I thought G-4 would be perfect, but G-4's not going to be around for much longer.

FS2 needs fresh programming.

I just read that Ziggler jobbed to Cesaro during the Superstars taping. Jae really has terrible luck when jumping onto bandwagons. 

Is there any word on if Ziggler is in the doghouse or something? Even though I've been high on him, I can't really justify him the main event right now, but you'd think he'd still be stable midcarder right now.

Hasn't it been reported that while the WWE is interested, Devitt isn't?  Like he likes living in his villa being a relative unknown, flying to japan doing shows and then going home and being just a dude?

And drinking tea.

More or less nailed it. Best work/life/pay ratio in Wrestling outside of a high end WWE legend to my mind. 

Colt Cabana makes good money outside of WWE but he has to hustle dealing with promoters and hawk merch. Devitt works out of one centralised booking office so to speak, a guaranteed work schedule with plenty of time off. He is also like a son to the promotion and likely factored in with New Japan post his in ring career.

Getting older or Luther Ward or Becky Lynch being successful might possibly change things though but as it stands and stood last year I don't see him going to WWE.

I just read that Ziggler jobbed to Cesaro during the Superstars taping. Jae really has terrible luck when jumping onto bandwagons. 

Is there any word on if Ziggler is in the doghouse or something? Even though I've been high on him, I can't really justify him the main event right now, but you'd think he'd still be stable midcarder right now.

My best guess would be some of the things his brother (Briley Pierce was his NXT name) said on Twitter about developmental and some of the Bill DeMott stories immediately following his release.

Quick question: is the Hogan/Ordorff cage match where they both hit the ground at the same time on any DVD?

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Best-Saturday-Nights-Event/dp/B001KKU9EG
Thank you so much, G. Best part of this is the nice surprise: I'm so far behind in watching wrestling dvds that I actually forgot I have this set! Day: MADE.

It takes New Japan 9 nights to complete their league. It takes TNA 8 months to complete theirs. I love the idea of having the BFG, but they have absolutely no idea how to execute it.

On a related note... If New Japan does expand to the west, I hope they do a couple of G1's here in the states.

So apparently Hogan is saying he has one tag match left in him.

Some within the company are wondering if he is worth the money they are paying him. There is discussion on where the company is headed and if Hogan is involved in those plans. Meanwhile, Hogan has said that he could work a tag team match in the future, but could not work a one-on-one match.