DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Bugging people for scholarly articles on the history of 80's lucha > Being the first person to ever appear on WWE programming with a homemade Heath Slater sign. FACT.

I think they're equal. I'll give you that.
Show your work for full credit.

I cheated off of somebody else's paper. You happy now.

I miss the old days when Matt was almost like an acquaintance. 

DiBiase Jr. had a chance to do something if the Fortunate Sons gimmick ever got off the ground, but really, he was doomed the moment Legacy broke up and Orton killed him. My 5 year old will miss him being on WWE video games though, because he is the guy my son always picks to wrestle against "because he is easy to beat."

• Like 2

Bugging people for scholarly articles on the history of 80's lucha > Being the first person to ever appear on WWE programming with a homemade Heath Slater sign. FACT.

I think they're equal. I'll give you that.
Show your work for full credit.

I cheated off of somebody else's paper. You happy now.

I miss the old days when Matt was almost like an acquaintance. 

I can only be nice to you or Fowler during a 30 day period or else California floats off into the ocean. Don't worry. It's almost September.

On topic, what's Ted's other kid up to?

I respect who Ted Jr is as a person, and for having the sense to get out if he doesn't absolutely love the business. He strikes me as the type of guy who has saved his money pretty good, and I know he speaks at youth conferences with like, Stephen Baldwin & Si from Duck Dynasty, so he should be fine...

Bret looks uncomfortable in that video even.  Maybe he was on something during the interview.

At one point, Jim jokes about some girl named Cindy that Bret had on the side in Miami back in the day and Bret just gave him this look. But yeah Jim was on something. He was slurring his words, was battling just to stand up. It's also entirely possible he's just got a fucked up body and he was in pain standing. That beer keg he's got in the front can't be doing his back favors as he pushes 60.

• Like 1

Anyone else think RVD and Del Rio should face at Night of Champions with RVD winning? I think RVD and Ziggler could have a pretty sweet match and could have termandous buzz going into given the proper build. Dolph going over at the Survivour Sereis then given a healthy title reign would be ideal.

I'm going to feel terrible if it turns out he's got Parkinson's or something, but Neidhart looks coked out of his fucking mind there.

It was just a couple years ago he got busted for possession, and I don't think he's been to rehab since then, so...

Ted .Jr is one of the best wrestlers on the roster. Every thing he does looks good and he has a great grasp on psychology and how to lay matches out. He was really over at one point and they fucked him time and time again. I can't blame him for leaving. Ted is one of those guys like Jack Swagger and to a lesser extent Curtis Axel, that people online seem to think have full creative control. That they book all of their matches and angles. 

I remember the article about Anvil getting arrested because they said he was in a gas station parking lot engaged in bouts of "screaming and vomiting". I feel for Nattie, Bret and whoever else is left in his life, got to be hard dealing with a guy who's done so much shit to ruin his life.

Axel needs the right tag team partner. I think that would be the best spot for him. Who that partner should be... Hmmmmm...

Repackage him along with Darsow's son. Call them Axel and Smashel.

• Like 14

What kind of conversation about wrestling would you imagine having if you had to sit next to a fan who loved Daniel Bryan but was, at best, indifferent towards CM Punk and had zero interest in ever watching a match between the two?

It would be like posting on this board about 1/8th of the time.

Ted is one of those guys like Jack Swagger and to a lesser extent Curtis Axel, that people online seem to think have full creative control. That they book all of their matches and angles. 

I have never seen ANYBODY claim something remotely like that.