DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Either comparison works for me, though I think Axel/Hennig more closely resembles Tim Horner - a good, technically sound wrestler who didn't have the right look and charisma to be a star for a larger company.  Horner was just fine working for Continental back in the day (and for Smoky Mountain),  He just wasn't cut out for a TV promotion.

You know, before 3Mb, I would say Heath Slater and Curtis Axel would be a great team. Heath would do the talking, stooging, bumping, and bring some speed and I'd tell Axel to stop with his dad's tribute stuff and focus on being a brawler, because the best moments in his matches are when he's methodically beating down an opponent.

I love how everyone has said for years that we need more managers so good workers/eh talkers can get over. Paul/Axel have that going on yet all anyone cares about is Axel's seeming lack of charisma. That's what Heyman's there for. Axel just needs to string together good matches for now (which he's doing). I think he's a perfectly competent worker with an awesome heat magnet.Heath Slater is absolutely perfect in his role. The best goofball stooge heel since the early days of Stevie Richards. Just take crazy ass bumps, do your windmill guitar and act like a total cocksure idiot who turns into a chicken at the very first opportunity.

• Like 3

Will you ever stop embarrassing us?

Also I was about to like Greg's post but I feel like he's going to get a big head. He's right though. That said, they're booking him like 1990 Heenan family Haku instead of 1989 Heenan Family Rude, so that's a little frustrating.

• Like 1

Bugging people for scholarly articles on the history of 80's lucha > Being the first person to ever appear on WWE programming with a homemade Heath Slater sign. FACT.

I am not proud of my ignorance. I am trying to fix it. You are proud of whatever you said up there.

• Like 1

Bugging people for scholarly articles on the history of 80's lucha > Being the first person to ever appear on WWE programming with a homemade Heath Slater sign. FACT.

I am not proud of my ignorance. I am trying to fix it. You are proud of whatever you said up there.

This was the first time I think I've ever given a like to someone (jaedmc) and given it to someone else ... what a weird, wild, wonderful feeling it is~...

Sorry to bring Ted back up, but I just think it's funny I kind of dug Ted Jr. a lot in NOAH, but could not give one shit about him in WWE. I'd always sing during his entrance. He comes from money/ he comes from class/ I'm skipping forward/ to the next match.

• Like 8

Also I was about to like Greg's post but I feel like he's going to get a big head. He's right though. That said, they're booking him like 1990 Heenan family Haku instead of 1989 Heenan Family Rude, so that's a little frustrating.

If you saw the picture of me on the giant scoreboard screen at the Phillies game I went to Friday after being selected Fan of the Game then you'll see I actually do have a big head. I bought a hat that night and it was extra large. Thankfully I've been with my wife for over 10 years so physical appearance means pretty much zero to me at this point or else I'd be a neurotic mess.

• Like 1

If you saw the picture of me on the giant scoreboard screen at the Phillies game I went to Friday after being selected Fan of the Game then you'll see I actually do have a big head. I bought a hat that night and it was extra large. Thankfully I've been with my wife for over 10 years so physical appearance means pretty much zero to me at this point or else I'd be a neurotic mess.

Married guys with big heads, REPRESENT!

I think they're equal. I'll give you that.

Bugging people for scholarly articles on the history of 80's lucha > Being the first person to ever appear on WWE programming with a homemade Heath Slater sign. FACT.

I think they're equal. I'll give you that.
Show your work for full credit.

Also, 46-year-old Riddick Bowe wants to get into wrestling.

"Looking into get into pro wrestling partners. Contact my manager [email protected] if u can help. I want to be first heavyweight boxing champions and heavyweight wrestling champion. I have trained hard with those bumps."

Big Daddy has a pretty great flip flop and fly.