DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Posted Image

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/luther-ward-bio

This dude looks like Rutger Hauer. I demand a Roy Batty gimmick.

I dunno if he can wrestle a lick or not (Never seen him) but if he can he should pretty much be put right into The Ascension as the "worker" of the group as he'd fit right in with Conor O'Brian/Rick Victor's look of clubbers from the future.

Holy shit that's Joey Cabray?! I hung out with him a few years back because my ex knew him and he came to the states to watch Wrestlemania (whichever one was in Chicago...23 maybe?). Good dude, we had some good talks about wrestling but I never kept in touch. Awesome for him.

Vintage Collection aired the Rude/Flair NWA World Title change this week. I can't figure out what was better: Rude, in the world's ugliest track suit and fanny pack kissing Fifi (while wearing his wedding ring), to help get the match, or the tights he wore for the match, with Fifi airbrushed on the front, and "Rick + Fifi: True Love Forever" on the back. Rude was so fucking great at this point in time.

• Like 1

Posted Image

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/luther-ward-bio

This dude looks like Rutger Hauer. I demand a Roy Batty gimmick.

I dunno if he can wrestle a lick or not (Never seen him) but if he can he should pretty much be put right into The Ascension as the "worker" of the group as he'd fit right in with Conor O'Brian/Rick Victor's look of clubbers from the future.

Holy shit that's Joey Cabray?! I hung out with him a few years back because my ex knew him and he came to the states to watch Wrestlemania (whichever one was in Chicago...23 maybe?). Good dude, we had some good talks about wrestling but I never kept in touch. Awesome for him.

Like I said he is shape shifter. Just thought he would just stay in Ireland and continue to train people. I guess his girlfriend also having WWE interested changed things.

Unreal promo.I was actually researching where they came up the name of Sister Abigail a few days ago. It's the name of a character in some movie Orphan that I didn't see.There are a few meanings to this. The first is "Sister Abigail" is a nun who taught Bray who, in his warped mind, told him he's the Messiah.Abigail is also a character in the Bible. She was the wife of a wealthy man named Nabal. David, the future King of Israel (and the David of David and Goliath), and his soldiers protected Nabal's flock of sheep. They then approached Nabal for food. He turned them away.David and his men went on their way to kill Nabal (and all his family) when Abigail learned of this. She then headed David off at the pass and begged for his forgiveness while indicating that she knew he would be King of Israel one day. David spared Nabal because of her humility. She then risked her life by revealing to Nabal what he had done. However, he died of a heart attack soon after. David then married Abigail.Her story is one of personal integrity and David's future -- she allowed David to live his life (in the name of God) and smite his enemies with a pure heart when he became the king of Israel.

Ted Dibiase Jr just posted a video on Youtube (linked through Twitter) that he was leaving the WWE

No idea if it was him asking for his release or getting future endeavored since I cant watch the video on my phone.

But I caught it because the WWE retweeted it

Ted DiBiase Jr. was pretty worthless. He was like the actual Curtis Axel in terms of being an average, at best, worker without a lick of charisma.How the hell do you not get "Rich trust fund brat of The Million Dollar Man" gimmick over?