DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So someone informed me "The Princess Bride" wasn't some teenage girl Disney movie and we checked it out. I have a whole new appreciation for Andre. How cuddly was that dude in TPB?

ps. Syeahhhhh it's like 2 weeks till I get to call a Sabu match live.

So someone informed me "The Princess Bride" wasn't some teenage girl Disney movie and we checked it out. I have a whole new appreciation for Andre. How cuddly was that dude in TPB?

The Princess Bride is, in a word, awesome.  One of my all-time favorite flicks.

So someone informed me "The Princess Bride" wasn't some teenage girl Disney movie and we checked it out. I have a whole new appreciation for Andre. How cuddly was that dude in TPB?ps. Syeahhhhh it's like 2 weeks till I get to call a Sabu match live.

Holy shit, dude. I'm jealous. I wish I could see it for the first time again.

I feel like the new babyface PTP's need a manager. If they were still heel, they could package them with Otunga with maybe Zeke Jackson as muscle, but since they're now babyfaces (apparently,) I was thinking maybe they could be packaged with Teddy Long. I thought they were really good with Abraham Washington, and I think that's what their act is missing....

I feel like the new babyface PTP's need a manager. If they were still heel, they could package them with Otunga with maybe Zeke Jackson as muscle, but since they're now babyfaces (apparently,) I was thinking maybe they could be packaged with Teddy Long. I thought they were really good with Abraham Washington, and I think that's what their act is missing....

Isn't Teddy a heel now, though?  He was like the only guy clapping for Orton on Raw last week.

In unrelated news, WWE.com has an article titled "14 Superstars you didn't know appeared in WWE," one of whom is Samoa Joe, and on his page they mention both ROH (by name) and Kenta Kobashi.  It's a fun article. Go check it out.

This is all I can find right now, but we can dream -

I thought Marty had an ankle that was in dire need of reconstructive surgery. Ah well least Sabu is back to looking like Ghandi from Ghandi II.

Give him a steak. Medium rare.

So someone informed me "The Princess Bride" wasn't some teenage girl Disney movie and we checked it out. I have a whole new appreciation for Andre. How cuddly was that dude in TPB?ps. Syeahhhhh it's like 2 weeks till I get to call a Sabu match live.

My niece has never seen it. We are going to put an end to that soon.
  • Like 2

My niece has never seen it. We are going to put an end to that soon.

I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to watch it.

Isn't Teddy a heel now, though?  He was like the only guy clapping for Orton on Raw last week.

No he's just Teddy.

No he's just Teddy.

30 seconds after I posted this, I thought "Rico", but there's no way that'd fly today...

Am I the only one who thinks the older girl is a dead ringer for RVD?

Also, 46-year-old Riddick Bowe wants to get into wrestling.

"Looking into get into pro wrestling partners. Contact my manager [email protected] if u can help. I want to be first heavyweight boxing champions and heavyweight wrestling champion. I have trained hard with those bumps."
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks the older girl is a dead ringer for RVD?Also, 46-year-old Riddick Bowe wants to get into wrestling.

"Looking into get into pro wrestling partners. Contact my manager [email protected] if u can help. I want to be first heavyweight boxing champions and heavyweight wrestling champion. I have trained hard with those bumps."

This is such a TNA personnel move that it's almost mean to point it out.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks the older girl is a dead ringer for RVD?Also, 46-year-old Riddick Bowe wants to get into wrestling.

This is such a TNA personnel move that it's almost mean to point it out.

Yep. One "We know who THAT is!" later, and Ortiz and Rampage are turning on the Main Event Mafia to form a new stable called the R.A.F. ("Real-Ass Fighters") that cuts shoot promos on how they have actually been in actual fights unlike the rest of the TNA roster. 

Riddick HoBowe.

Seriously though guys, you can't just put 'hobo' in there for a good hobo name.  The essence of their hoboness has to show through in their name.  Like if 3MB were hobos, they'd be Fleas Slater, Sad Drew SackIntyre, and Jinder "Sleeps Behind A Dumpster At The Mall" Mahal.

• Like 2

A month or so ago, Bowe fought in a Muay Thai match in Thailand. 

I honestly believe that Bowe would give everything he could if he were booked in pro wrestling.  I believe I read that he wants to continue muay thai, and he wants to get into MMA. 

How did he never see Kick Boxer?