DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I looked it up and I just saw that AJ is almost 40, I can't see WWE going after him too hard at this point. He's capable of a great match but WWE has tons of guys like that already and even more coming in from NXT. AJ would be better off staying in TNA where he's already viewed as a huge deal and legend or some shit.

I can't believe I just advocated for someone to stay with TNA but here we are.

Were you ever on the list Nikita?

Do you know of any wrestlers who got placed in that 300-500 range that actually got any kind of recognition bump?

I feel like back in the 90's indy guys actually benefited from a spot on the 500. I know for the longest time I only knew of Reckless Youth, Mr. Ooh La La, and Quack from the list, and it made me want to know more about them. But nowadays, who even reads it? And it feels less beneficial than say someone passing around youtube matches.

Yeah but when the give him his new name of Koby Willis that massive AJ tattoo will look dumb unless he's AJ's new stud.... And no one wants that.

Mco is right, there's really no need for him to go to WWE at this point. But if he did, coming in under the name Koby Willis and having everyone give him shit about his giant AJ tat would be a great first gimmick. If they wanted to give him a serious push later, he can just say he wants to go by his real name, Art Jamison or something.

Were you ever on the list Nikita?

Do you know of any wrestlers who got placed in that 300-500 range that actually got any kind of recognition bump?

I feel like back in the 90's indy guys actually benefited from a spot on the 500. I know for the longest time I only knew of Reckless Youth, Mr. Ooh La La, and Quack from the list, and it made me want to know more about them. But nowadays, who even reads it? And it feels less beneficial than say someone passing around youtube matches.

I think I remember Nikita being on the list in 2002 (which is the only edition I ever read), it was either that, or the big "profiles of every promotion in the US" magazine they put out at around the same time.  I remember being a big fan of a belt having to do with brass knuckles

ADR bored me to tears sometimes, but is capable of having really good matches with the right opponents. His kicks look pretty weak, and yeah, we get it, you work the arm a lot because it's your finisher, but it's been 3 years already, switch it up a bit.

Also, honestly, if AJ Styles stays with TNA, he has a real good shot of making the WWE Hall of Fame in 20 years.

• Like 1

ADR bored me to tears sometimes, but is capable of having really good matches with the right opponents. His kicks look pretty weak, and yeah, we get it, you work the arm a lot because it's your finisher, but it's been 3 years already, switch it up a bit.

Ric Flair and Bret Hart worked the leg for decades and no one complained.