DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

His brawls with Hero probably still stand as "best thing either have done."

I think I noticed it on Youtube. I'll definitely check it out later. Kingston definitely has presence, but the matches I've seen thus far, I've been kind of indifferent to.
I think it's because I've never seen a match of his and thought of him as more than a solid mechanic. If he were a baseball player, he'd be "a professional hitter". There's nothing wrong with being any of those things.
This is an insult to Matt Stairs.
I remember Matt Stairs striking out a lot.
I remember the story of him nude in the Cubs clubhouse covered in shaving cream. You can't unhear that.

Somehow, this is the first I've seen a report of this. I cannot unsee this.

As for Evolution 2.0, I'm all for Titus breaking away from the PTP and joining HHH, and Orton. I've said it a few times now, but Titus needs to be pushed. He may not be the best, but he certainly has more potential than other hosses on the roster. It's too bad that Cesaro is aligned with Zeb because he'd be a good fit in a group like that. I like the idea of Titus as the muscle though, and if not him, then Big E.

His brawls with Hero probably still stand as "best thing either have done."

I think I noticed it on Youtube. I'll definitely check it out later. Kingston definitely has presence, but the matches I've seen thus far, I've been kind of indifferent to.
I think it's because I've never seen a match of his and thought of him as more than a solid mechanic. If he were a baseball player, he'd be "a professional hitter". There's nothing wrong with being any of those things.
This is an insult to Matt Stairs.
I remember Matt Stairs striking out a lot.
I remember the story of him nude in the Cubs clubhouse covered in shaving cream. You can't unhear that.
I take it back. He's a professional baseball player.

Big E. is entirely too awkward looking for me to take him seriously, so he'd be perfect for the Batista role.

Also, I'm going to be a jackass and say good on Daniel Bryan for shacking up with the sister of the chick who's banging the WWE Champ.

Well, there's a question. Cena will be in rehab while the Bellas will still be on the road.

...so who cheats first?

I suspect that Cena's Rehab consists of riding in his awesome bus to the shows to pop the live crowd, OR his bella is taken off house shows to take care of her man ala Michelle McCool and the Undertaker a few years ago.

His Bella is hurt anyway and can't wrestle. EDIT:  Guess I should say is hurt and is unable to have matches.  We already know she can't wrestle.

~Clap~Clap~Clap Clap Clap~

There a joke somewhere in there about giving a Bella the clap.

I'm sure Cena and Nikki will be doing some wrestling of their own.

His Bella is hurt anyway and can't wrestle. EDIT:  Guess I should say is hurt and is unable to have matches.  We already know she can't wrestle.

I try to avoid making got burned jokes about Kane all the time...

John always knows how well he's doing, given Nikki's selling ability.

John always knows how well he's doing, given Nikki's selling ability.
You'll always know how you are performing if you have sex with a Bella because I refuse to believe either of them have the acting chops to credibly fake an orgasm.

"A Mexican and a Scotsman walk into an Irish pub...." sounds like the set-up for a joke.

A Mexican, a Scotsman, a Rabbi and a Priest walk into an Irish Pub, barman says "Is this some kind of joke?"

Going drinking with a Scotsman is never going to end well, especialy in an Irish Pub.  Scotsman and Irishmen are natrual enemies, like Englishmen and Scots, or Welshmen and Scots, or Japanese and Scots, Or Scots and other Scots!!! Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!

• Like 1

I want to throw this out there, because it came up on another section of this joint, and I don't want to derail that discussion but it's something that chaps my ass:

Eddie Kingston calls himself "The Last of a Dying Breed," and I really hate it when a wrestler's hyperbole goes beyond the realm of making since.  How can you be the LAST of a DYING breed ... it assumes the breed is already dead, if you're the LAST.  I'm sure there's another - and far better - way to interpret that, and I welcome any suggestions toward that.

Because dying (present tense) does not = dead (past tense). You could be dying and still make a full recovery. Eddie's breed may be dying out but he's still alive, dammit.

But see, that's what I was getting at ... thanks, too, by the way ... if the breed is "dying," then he isn't "the last."

Damn you Kingston!  Damn you in the ass!

I hurt my arm years ago, and found it incredibly difficult to do R. Kelly pushups.

"A Mexican and a Scotsman walk into an Irish pub...." sounds like the set-up for a joke.

The bar fight involving Alberto Del Rio and Drew McIntyre took place at about 3 a.m. Saturday night.  The story going around last night is that they went to a bar together.  Somebody said something to the girl McIntyre was with.  Del Rio stepped in and somebody blind sided him with a bottle and the fight was on.  McIntyre ended up with a black eye and Del Rio's face was a mess.     -Observer