DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On the "Superstar bringing an animal to the ring:" Daniel Bryan. Fainting goat. The heels constantly scare the goats into unconsciousness. Play it up with "Piper just pulled that kid's leg off!" seriousness (see also: Chikara - Mysterious and Handsome Stranger, as a guideline for how to make it work).

Re: Darren Young - I just hope no one in WWE has seen "Chasing Amy," to assume that gay + black = "notoriously the swishiest of the bunch" is an actual character trait, as opposed to bullshit Kevin Smith's navel gazing social criticism.

On the "Superstar bringing an animal to the ring:" Daniel Bryan. Fainting goat. The heels constantly scare the goats into unconsciousness. Play it up with "Piper just pulled that kid's leg off!" seriousness (see also: Chikara - Mysterious and Handsome Stranger, as a guideline for how to make it work).Re: Darren Young - I just hope no one in WWE has seen "Chasing Amy," to assume that gay + black = "notoriously the swishiest of the bunch" is an actual character trait, as opposed to bullshit Kevin Smith's navel gazing social criticism.

To use another Chasing Amy reference, hopefully they don't do an angle Titus O Neil gets attracted to a babyface diva and decides to settle any differences with Darren by offering to have a threesome

To people saying NBD because of Pat Patterson...he was winkingly acknowledged as being gay in the most sneering, condescending, gay-panicky ways possible. Sure, he had backstage power and wasn't held back on the basis of his sexuality, but guys like Jim Ross went out of their way to make sure everyone knew it was Not Okay. See also: Goldust, Billy and Chuck, the Rock implying every opponent he ever faced was a nancyboy. If they handle the DY thing right, it will be a big deal.

As for what they should do, I'd say acknowledge it in passing and then move on. If they have to turn it into a story, the best bet really might be to turn them face by having some obnoxious heel (any of 3MB would work) pull out one of good ol' JR's shitty lines and letting Titus beat the ever-loving shit out of the guy and ask if anybody else has a problem with his partner. Biggest actual Be A Star move they can pull off.

The seeds may already be in motion for that. Titus just posted this:

I'm VERY PROUD of @DarrenYoungWWE He's been like Family 2Me&My Kids And that won't Change! #ImInFullSupportOfDarren

Posted Image

Dude, Titus is like 6'6" and that kid on the right who looks about 9 is up to his armpit. Forget the FCW roster, sign HIM.
  • Like 2

The easiest, built-in route is Zeb's stable as homophobic, bullying heels against a face PTPs.

What about a beat-down by the Wyatt family, with Darren Young being tied up and dragged behind a pickup, James Byrd style (except he survives).  The tide turns when libertarian superhero Kane returns from filming his movie sequel and forges an unlikely alliance with the Prime Time Players.

• Like 1

The first wrestler to be a fucking moron about this goes to..... Shannon Moore! Who just compared discrimination against gay people to discrimination against people with tattoos.

Still probably the smartest member of the Hardy posse.

Isn't that kinda like being the world's tallest dwarf?

This thread is gonna die an early death me thinks.

Why exactly? Nothing really wrong with the current discussion.
Well the James Byrd angle idea was pretty rough. I've just become disillusioned with the monthly threads.

That's a side effect of liking execution too much. Have you seen some of these posts?